I'm scared right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spart

Player Valuation: £500k
But it's not relegation that terrifies me. Something has changed in these last few days and we look like a club on the brink of all out civil war.

I'm kind of used to us being clueless on the pitch and clueless in the boardroom too, but those various highly publicised events that have hit the news since yesterday shows that the fans too really don't know which direction they want to pull in order to achieve success and are just choosing to lash out at anyone they can instead.

Doesn't seem to matter who we appoint, as some faction won't like it and will be prepared to shout loud and long about it too. Goodison has always been full of angry heads who you learn to let just get on with it, but it's getting to the point now where you are scared to voice your support or disdain for anyone or anything for fear of the reaction it might bring from someone near you.

I also think some of those great unifying figures that we have liked to rally round in the past, like Ferguson, Baines, Possibly Cahill if he chooses to become a part again, could fall victim to it too.

We look on the brink of absolute collapse and I haven't got a clue what it will take to stop it now.

But it's not relegation that terrifies me. Something has changed in these last few days and we look like a club on the brink of all out civil war.

I'm kind of used to us being clueless on the pitch and clueless in the boardroom too, but those various highly publicised events that have hit the news since yesterday shows that the fans too really don't know which direction they want to pull in order to achieve success and are just choosing to lash out at anyone they can instead.

Doesn't seem to matter who we appoint, as some faction won't like it and will be prepared to shout loud and long about it too. Goodison has always been full of angry heads who you learn to let just get on with it, but it's getting to the point now where you are scared to voice your support or disdain for anyone or anything for fear of the reaction it might bring from someone near you.

I also think some of those great unifying figures that we have liked to rally round in the past, like Ferguson, Baines, Possibly Cahill if he chooses to become a part again, could fall victim to it too.

We look on the brink of absolute collapse and I haven't got a clue what it will take to stop it now.
Winning football games?

Another thread that ultimately blames the fans for not rolling our sleeves up, swinging our wooden ratchets, and gormlessly cheering on any old rubbish that is served up on the pitch.

Too many “fans” seem to have forgotten that the purpose of football was to entertain. When this club was formed it had to serve up entertaining and winning football. That’s how it attracted fans, and it was fans’ money via gate receipts etc that allowed the club to function.

We may now be in an era where premier league clubs may have become billionaires’ playthings, and more reliant on TV deals and corporate sponsorship deals to survive…but the ultimate purpose is still to entertain. If the fans leave, then no one watches the games, whether from the stands or on TV.

We are entitled to not have to cheer. We are entitled to boo if we want to. It’s a game, and we want to be entertained and to feel that OUR club is being run properly. If it isn’t, then it’s our duty to say so. Or stop watching, stop cheering, stop attending.

If that upsets the board or the players, then that’s just tough. We don’t have to just accept things as the status quo all the time.

Is that it?I thought you were stuck in a lift with @Bungle or something;)lol

Another thread that ultimately blames the fans for not rolling our sleeves up, swinging our wooden ratchets, and gormlessly cheering on any old rubbish that is served up on the pitch.

Too many “fans” seem to have forgotten that the purpose of football was to entertain. When this club was formed it had to serve up entertaining and winning football. That’s how it attracted fans, and it was fans’ money via gate receipts etc that allowed the club to function.

We may now be in an era where premier league clubs may have become billionaires’ playthings, and more reliant on TV deals and corporate sponsorship deals to survive…but the ultimate purpose is still to entertain. If the fans leave, then no one watches the games, whether from the stands or on TV.

We are entitled to not have to cheer. We are entitled to boo if we want to. It’s a game, and we want to be entertained and to feel that OUR club is being run properly. If it isn’t, then it’s our duty to say so. Or stop watching, stop cheering, stop attending.

If that upsets the board or the players, then that’s just tough. We don’t have to just accept things as the status quo all the time.
We don't, that's very true. We should be calling out the inadequacies and shouldn't just support blindly without any objectivity.

However we do need to accept the role of the supporters in where we are now. Embracing the dogs of war, craving ferguson as a manager, and turning our nose up at anything that could be considered remotely liverpool like. No flags, no songs, no humour or passion. Hate Liverpool more than we support the team as a badge of honour. It's turned us into a basket case of negativity and it's coming home to roost.

Weirdly I'm quite enjoying it, its about time this all exploded hopefully by the time the process is done we'll have a functional backroom and team, and we can get on with avoiding relegation and building a stadium. The way we are being run this was inevitable at some point. The next 2 weeks are going to be fun

We're on the verge of catastrophe because we keep making terrible decisions and losing matches. The new manager doesn't even have to perform miracles - everyone will be content with him if we stay in the league.

When you have 27 years of failure, it's inevitable people are going to be annoyed. Personally I'm just frustrated it's taken so long for any real discontent to be shown.

Phew!! Saw the thread title and thought @Bungle had another one trapped in the dungeon.

As you were. God bless.

Is that it?I thought you were stuck in a lift with @Bungle or something;)lol

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Mate....

Its a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.