Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is any chance of Rooney coming here to be an assistant. He's already in a managerial job. I don't think Duncan working as Rooney's assistant is that much of a stretch though. I could see that happenning to be honest.
Duncan will never be a manager as he hasn't shown any commitment and interest in actually doing it full time, the odd game here and there doesn't count.

Duncan will never be a manager as he hasn't shown any commitment and interest in actually doing it full time, the odd game here and there doesn't count.
He has actually shown a lot of commitment to Everton. This is where he wants to manage.

I have read the cone laying name calling, but no one knows. All the players seem to really like playing for him. You get nothing but positivity from them.

Duncan has much more experience in and around management teams. Many years of experience. Rooney was lucky to be handed his first gig at Derby without having worked elsewhere in a similar position.
But this is why Rooney is a better option, Duncan has only ever watched people be a manager, Rooney has actually done it, Duncan hasnt even tried to get a job doing it, why would we want a manager who has made zero effort to experience the job

There’s only one reason I don’t want him to get it. I don’t want him to fail. I’d be devastated for him if he failed. I kind of think he’s in a lose lose situation. Unless he does an Alex Ferguson he would end up getting sacked at some point and he doesn’t deserve that no matter what he does wrong. I just hope that if he gets it and inevitably gets sacked at some point that the club handle it with the respect he deserves.

It fees almost like one of those situations where the fans care about him too much for him to take up such a poisoned chalice of a job. Having said that at least we would find out once and for all of he can do it. He’s really starting to become the elephant in the room.

He has actually shown a lot of commitment to Everton. This is where he wants to manage.

I have read the cone laying name calling, but no one knows. All the players seem to really like playing for him. You get nothing but positivity from them.
Everton have shown him a lot of commitment by not sacking him despite being part of 6 failed regimes

But this is why Rooney is a better option, Duncan has only ever watched people be a manager, Rooney has actually done it, Duncan hasnt even tried to get a job doing it, why would we want a manager who has made zero effort to experience the job
Think people think he gonna win every game or something and the atmosphere will be like Chelsea game every game , even tho it was completely gone by the Arsenal game

Everton have shown him a lot of commitment by not sacking him despite being part of 6 failed regimes
Doesn’t wash with me mate. Good staff and players can be part of poor regimes.

He has not had the manager responsibilities, but read what the players say about him if you want to know what he offers.

At the end of the day he's a coach,a motivator and a trainer. Well respected and liked by the players and staff. He has left it too late for management though. Management requires those extra layers such as tactical flexibility and being an eternal student of the game I just don't think he has and that's fine.

I think he does stay and should stay until he's no longer an asset to the manager.

I would like to question him one day though on if he thinks he should have walked when Benitez came in.

His ethos is pretty simple - play the best players in their preferred positions and send them out to give 100% from start to finish.

Exactly this! Round pegs in round holes; simple messages about what they're to do; and never stop fighting. Given these things, we've enough talent in the squad to get the results we need.

Oh, and when he says, "We're all Evertonians" you can actually believe it coming from his mouth!

People mention Duncan has been in 6 failed managerial groups, but I’m not sure if he was a negative or positive aspect in those. His input may or may not of been listened too, he may of seen mistakes being made and not been consulted. It’s easy to look at it negatively, maybe the situation could of been worse if he wasn’t there.
All I hear is that the players respond to him, and maybe that’s what is needed in this interim.
No fancy systems or zonal marking. Just win your own individual battle and result will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.