Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's absolutely nothing we as Everton fans (possibly any football fan) hates more than your team not running or closing down. He would be worse than Benitez, please lord absolutely no way.

1642521971181.png

Why does everyone think Ferguson as a temp would guarantee a few good results? He did before yes, but lightning rarely strikes twice.

He did before with a CM pairing of Schneiderlin and Iceland in one game, Holgate at CM in another and then Davies at RM. Oh, and he was also playing Iwobi consistently for those games. You could argue we have better players in Allan, Doucoure, Gray and even Gordon now.

Still find it a bit weird Potter is on here. He basically shot us down yesterday more or less and he'd be doomed to fail with our current setup. He literally listed why he likes being at Brighton and we don't have even one of the things he said he liked there.
28.4% win percentage at Brighton , he might be a nice guy but don't want him anywhere near us.

Lampard - spent £250 million to take Chelsea backwards.

Couldn't get Derby promoted

Evertonians = yes plz.

Lost a playoff final but got to it, one off game doesn't prove much.

Spent 250m - arguable if he spent any and certainly not all of that, well known at the time part of the issue was him not getting the players he wanted and their DoF bringing in other ones

Still find it a bit weird Potter is on here. He basically shot us down yesterday more or less and he'd be doomed to fail with our current setup. He literally listed why he likes being at Brighton and we don't have even one of the things he said he liked there.

Changed my vote from Potter to Lampard.

Lampard - spent £250 million to take Chelsea backwards.

Couldn't get Derby promoted

Evertonians = yes plz.

if its Rooney or Lampard who do you choose?

I prefer the longer term approach and think Lampard can bring it. I wouldn't say for sure Wayne isn't capable of offering that though. I don't think we can be sure about Rooney's footballing and managerial capabilities. He's the smartest footballer I've ever seen on the pitch so it's not impossible that he can bring some of that to management.

Rooney is the enigma.

Lampard you know pretty much what hes about.

It really is a tough one.

It also sums up why we should be sceptical of anyone that takes the job here, they are doomed to fail under current set up

I personally think Lampard deserves credit for their development. But at the very least he gave them the opportunity to play and that's more than lots of coaches do. There is a caution in this country to let kids have a go.
Yes like I said i'm not saying it to criticise him I'm just saying its hard to know and just because he played Reece James who was very highly regarded already doesn't mean he'd come here and start picking our youngsters who aren't the same level so its not necessarily the tick in the box some people are saying its not like its a long track record of doing it he just did it at one club who have the best academy in the country and had a transfer ban its not an MO.

Changed my vote from Potter to Lampard.

if its Rooney or Lampard who do you choose?

Rooney is the enigma.

Lampard you know pretty much what hes about.

It really is a tough one.

Lampard or Rooney neither would be my choice, however, it's very clear that both would need a DOF in to help them out. We should be appointing a DOF and allowing them to spearhead the managerial search... both Lampard and Rooney will still be available in the summer, no need to rush the appointment.

I was against Lampard initially and am still concerned about the defensive setup he had at Chelsea.

@Eggs nailed it earlier when he said that he could be a better long term option, while Rooney probably gives more of an immediate bounce.

With Lampard he comes across as a 'thinker' and will be aware of the mistakes hes made and has the contacts and background to logically work through them.

I could imagine him building something and growing and improving over time into a top manager. He comes across as pure class as well.

With Rooney, he may be brilliant for the season...but he's going to be football minded rather than someone perhaps who Id say would be a squad builder...so he would likely need a strong DOF to support him.

He was overuled at Chelsea on Declan Rice and Tarkowski both of which he wanted.

Both for sure would have sured up that defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.