Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Glasgow Times thing was a piece of comedy gold in fairness to you.
I was agog at that mate. It stayed up for about 15 minutes and I enjoyed every one of them. I’ve been telling the transfer biffs on here what useless bunch of gullible FIFA molesting make believe ferrets they are and went to twitter to prove my point. If they had any self respect they would line up and apologise to me now for exposing the fallacy that is transfer rumours.

In your own time, lads.

Too much money can be worse than not enough! Sensible recruitment and bringing on young players goes out the window and it's buying 'glamour players' with big names, normally at the end of their career, who don't fit the team (James Rodriguez) and couldn't care less as long as they get paid. Fans think they are going to buy Mbappe and instead get Iwobi! They demand glamour players and big-name managers, suddenly Moyes is not good enough, Potter not famous enough and has a boring name. Unfortunately, our owner doesn't know what he is doing. It's a recipe for disaster and has tainted our recruitment for over half a decade now. Hopefully, that will change now. I'm so pleased to see the likes of Branthwaite and Gordon coming through and prey the excellent Dobbin and Nkonkou will be given the game time to breakthrough. Mixing in these youngsters with sensible long term recruitment will be our saving grace in the years to come.

Can we close this thread? We just blown our January transfer budget on sacking brands and Rafael less than 6 months into their new deals
Your comment makes a lot of sense not only from the financial aspect but also from the fact that anyone coming in as manager or in Ferguson's case probably an interim appointment would possibly not be trusted to make what could be seen as panic signings in the fortnight remaining of the transfer window. We have had so many instances in the last where last minute panic buying had cost the clubs millions of pounds in fees and lengthy contracts for crap players

Status
Not open for further replies.