Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4A3F2E25-3137-46EE-B1C8-D8CAF1B7FBF1.png

I think that's a decent return given the context and would take that now for the next three games.

1 win and 2 draws in the league is what Benitez managed over the past 12 games.
It was going back to how it was pre the uphoria of the Chelsea game same old same old team reverted back to form, I dread to think what might of happened if we would have stayed with him

If DF doesn’t get the job until end of the season he obviously has some issues with ambitions and self respect, now we need to get back behind the team , lately atmosphere was overall toxic, with DF we will be again reunited and old lady can again be place where you don’t want to come and play , only DF appointment will get us where we were before , his first match with Chelsea I will never forget , Dom, Tom, kids …. It was so intimidating toward Chelsea players in general

Ferguson won 1 game drew 2 and lost a cup game , we turned up against Chelsea but got out classed in the other 2 league games but scrambled 2 draws lets not make it out he was that good

People seem to forget this due to us beating Chelsea. Obviously we would take a little bounce now to get us over the line but it still wasn’t pretty with Ferguson in charge. No guarantee of a bounce and once any rub wears off I think we would be in trouble again.

I think whoever gets it now will instantly have the fans behind them…solely by not being Benitez.

Personally I think Potter deserves a big job and think he could be a good and sensible fit for where we are now…so with that being said our owner will go all out for Roy Hodgson.

….I was pointing more to him being a global name.

Appointing Ferguson would be more romantic than pragmatic. Rooney is displaying his managerial capability, he will earn instant respect, he isn’t associated with Benitez.
One of those is an external appointment, thus likely a longterm commitment.

The more pragmatic approach I would argue would be to hand it to an internal manager that some have called for the head job anyway, while you do your diligence in hiring a director of football, who then will make the appointment likely in the summer when their is a myriad more options.

If Rooney didn't have blues ties he wouldn't be being considered.

Thats not the grounds for hiring one. Thats the grounds of hiring one before the manager and giving them license and creative control to hire the manager and lead on signings. There are a meniscal pool of examples of modern football clubs working without a more sturdy DoF. Especially for clubs who prior gave full creative license to various managers for almost a decade and leave a squad thats a collection of at least 5 managers visions.

Everton needs a DoF making the football decisions before they need a new manager. If they don't rectify that they will continue to be dysfunctional IMO.
Wouldnt be suprised if they have a replacement lined up already, no coincidence Moshiri turned up this week and now hes gone. I think talks have probably started with someone prior to this weekend, we cant afford for this to drag on in our position. Reckon he would have gone win or lose at Norwich.

Status
Not open for further replies.