2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not have put it better Kev, why oh why was he even considered in the first place, a very stubborn, horrible, shitehawk off a kopite.
We were told he was a 'total professional' who would put all prejudices aside. How wrong they were.

What he's done is improved his pension pot and no doubt increased his kudos with RS fans. He's played an absolute blinder here.

What happens when the next manager decides he doesn’t like the two fullbacks we’ve just bought?

Hope not. I think both have potential, just need time to adjust.
One positive is that Benitez didn't spend too much in comparison to previous managers, other than the two fullbacks and both are regarded as top young talent in Europe. Only downside is everyone knows we need CM and CB. but I think we aren't gonna strengthen those position now.

Good riddance man

But the damage is done. Took huge leaps backwards under this clown. We are now on full rebuild mode.

Man I hate this disgusting entitled talentless destructive self serving useless clueless arrogant piece of crap

Yes I know I didn’t put commas, this loser doesn’t deserve proper grammar

On a human level, watching this, I feel bad for the man. He's clearly had a phone call before this presser to tell him he's done at the club and he's just being professional going ahead with it. You can see it in his face when he talks about the future as if he's still going to be here. But it's the right call to sack him even if the dressing room is a mess

I feel no dislike towards the bloke as a man. I’ve heard he is very active with charities, I am sure he is a nice man away from the game.

As a manager, and the arrogant, stubborn persona he has, I cannot stand him. Add into the fact he’s no longer very good, and hasn’t really seemingly made efforts to catch up with the game, I feel nothing for him. I do not understand why we had to be the club that finally handed Benitez his chance to run a club like he was able to in the 2000s.

It turned very quickly, didn't it
As would be expected. And the thing is, the footy at the start was crap too. So all it took was a few injuries (at first, I know they got worse as it went on) to show the flaws in how he thinks you can play footy in 2021-22.

I banged on about this all summer when people were happy that we'd run more. Running and effort is not all that matters in football. You need to be able to have some control, some tactical plan. Benitez hasn't had that at all in the last 5-6 years now.

I really hope they had some clause in this one given the level of anger when he was being considered. Can't be paying out another huge compensation! Maybe we sold Digne to afford the sacking?!

I think at this stage Moshiri is the biggest problem. And he ain't going anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.