2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Then why all the guff about "love affair" with Everton?! Bit patronizing, don't ya think. If he wanted to leave, fair enough. At least we got a decent-ish fee for him instead of the £4.50 we normally do. He seemed to suggest he was being pushed out by Rafael, in which case any EFC-loving player would have surely waited a bit to see how things panned out?

Odd situation either way.
Its what players (read: their managers tell them) like to do in PR. The slight dig about the ''one person'' wasnt lost on me. And if Rafael wouldv won today with 5 goals, Patterson and Ghazi shining next to football god Keane, DCL etc, it couldv been a couple of dire months for Digne. And, for all his mistakes, i cant fault him for his attitude towards us. He was a good guy, maybe not ment to be in a Benitez system, but judging from tonight, I doubt any player got the idea and vision of Rafael.

Too bad. I do think Rafael made some very entertaining games, with some clever changes. But somewhere he lost his mojo and we need to move on.

I also believe Nuno wouldnt be a bad substitution perse. Look at what golden boy Conte has for problems at Spurs, or Rangnick at man u. I hope for Potter. But maybe for another thread.

Vaya con dios, Rafael. I hope you wont do a Koeman on Everton, and depart with mutual consent, and a decent but not too big pay off.

I'm totally up for firing Benitez but the question is, who the hell do we replace him with? If we have a viable answer to this question, then I'd support firing him but as of right now, I'm on the fence.
Anyone is better than him at this point. He lost the team a long time ago and it is going to continue to get worse.

It’s amazing to think this fella took down, Jamo, Head of medical, Brands and Digne and spent 30 mill in the last week.

The absolute carnage.
That said, maybe Beintez was the tonic we needed to get rid of Brands. I mean lets face it, that guy was a virus too.

Status
Not open for further replies.