Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it’s a case of waiting for Newcastle to sign a midfielder now and then we’ll be signing Longstaff. Can’t see them leaving themselves short unnecessarily.

If we go with that 'diamond' up top with DCL + Richarlison + Gray + Townsend as at the start of the season then Id say the squad looks a bit like.

CF: DCL / ???
LW: Gray / Gordon
SS: Richarlison / Dobbin
RW: Townsend / ???

We could play Gordon/Dobbin instead of Gray/Richarlison/Townsend of course.

Id say we need a right winger. Not El Ghazi but a player at the level of Gray/Richarlison.

Then have Gordon/Dobbin as impact players or rotation options.

£25mil fee for Digne would have given us £18-20mil in book profit. We'd only need to pay out a fraction of that per season in terms of FFP.

So we would still have a lot of leeway.

Hes just a kid isnt he...im just using his name as a 'rotation' / backup for Doucoure. Same as id have Dobbin as backup to Richarlison.

We need that and we also need a DM + a young player as backup as well. Which is why i said 2 new centre mids...1 starter and 1 backup.

Sorry Zat but completely disagree for the reasons;

- We wont go with any diamond. For some reason Benitez is determined to play defensive and his appear sudden obsession with a back five looks painful.
- If Richarlison is fit, he plays, as does DCL. This means we have Gordon, Gray, Townsend, Iwobi, all vying for right wing. (Which is absolutely fine). Gordon is a senior player now and has earned that right wing spot for me.
- It's pointless, we are neglecting urgent quality in midfielder. I like Allan but in a two he is lost (not on his fault, he hasnt the legs for it, simple as).

Let's say we go a diamond, for arguments sake. You have Allan and Doucoure behind yes? That limits Doucoures qualities but lets say thats what happens. Not a single of those front six are capable of playing that 10 role. (It's effectively a 4-2-3-1 with wingers who work hard and track back).

DCL - Striker
Richarlison - in a 442, could do that second striker role, but ultimately wide forward or striker.
Gray - winger, absolutely a winger, either side.
Townsend - winger, same again. Two footed, can do either side.
Iwobi - tosh in any position, has no confidence anymore and plays pure safe every chance he gets.
Gordon - the only one who is feasible to play in behind in that hole, but still not for me, best used wide where he can cut in and create and cause problems.

I dont mean this to come across rude or condescending, I appreciate those looking on the bright side of it. I just personally don't see it.

My only hope, is that this is for 5 months before a target who we've been linked with (along the lines of Neres, Kulesevski) will become available, which I would accept. Assuming that Iwobi is being punted into the next galaxy.

Add this to the fact it's most likely going to be Longstaff from Newcastle, another nothing player it's a huge neglect to the team.

Nothing personal against El Ghazi, I have not seen enough of him to have a full opinion, it's more just the completely lack of neccessity for a right winger.

Sorry Zat but completely disagree for the reasons;

- We wont go with any diamond. For some reason Benitez is determined to play defensive and his appear sudden obsession with a back five looks painful.
- If Richarlison is fit, he plays, as does DCL. This means we have Gordon, Gray, Townsend, Iwobi, all vying for right wing. (Which is absolutely fine). Gordon is a senior player now and has earned that right wing spot for me.
- It's pointless, we are neglecting urgent quality in midfielder. I like Allan but in a two he is lost (not on his fault, he hasnt the legs for it, simple as).

Let's say we go a diamond, for arguments sake. You have Allan and Doucoure behind yes? That limits Doucoures qualities but lets say thats what happens. Not a single of those front six are capable of playing that 10 role. (It's effectively a 4-2-3-1 with wingers who work hard and track back).

DCL - Striker
Richarlison - in a 442, could do that second striker role, but ultimately wide forward or striker.
Gray - winger, absolutely a winger, either side.
Townsend - winger, same again. Two footed, can do either side.
Iwobi - tosh in any position, has no confidence anymore and plays pure safe every chance he gets.
Gordon - the only one who is feasible to play in behind in that hole, but still not for me, best used wide where he can cut in and create and cause problems.

I dont mean this to come across rude or condescending, I appreciate those looking on the bright side of it. I just personally don't see it.

My only hope, is that this is for 5 months before a target who we've been linked with (along the lines of Neres, Kulesevski) will become available, which I would accept. Assuming that Iwobi is being punted into the next galaxy.

Add this to the fact it's most likely going to be Longstaff from Newcastle, another nothing player it's a huge neglect to the team.

Nothing personal against El Ghazi, I have not seen enough of him to have a full opinion, it's more just the completely lack of neccessity for a right winger.

Just seen Neres going to Shakhtar Donetsk.

MONEY!! WHOOP WHOOP!! *fistpump. I never really got Digne's lure. I mean, he wasnt bad, but he sure wasnt a game changer and made some very costly errors.

So now then for a defensive midfield general? Rice? I dont know. Someone that whipps all of them in shape. That, and I think we're done for the rest of the season. Then come summer we can spend big on one or two big ''unes*

*All Bundy TM

Status
Not open for further replies.