Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true but we could also lose to Norwich, Newcastle beat Watford and Burnley beat Leicester which would have us within 6 points of 4 of the bottom five.

Most likely neither scenario will play out and there will be a mixture of positive and negative results from our perspective, what is likely is that we need a minimum of 16 more points from our remaining games, maybe more, maybe one or two less, and I'm not convinced we'll get them. We probably will, just about, but it's by no means a certainty.

Yes we will have a good idea where we stand after Saturday

You think one of Newcastle, Norwich or Burnley will get to 35 points? They are currently on 10 and 11 so would have to more than double their tally for the second half to get near that. I would not be surprised if 30 gets you safe this season.

Relegation thread...El Ghazi thread...Doucoure 'in conflict' with Benitez = the death rattle of the Benitez Out Barmy Army.

It's tragi-comic, it really is.

It's ridiculous, and anyone using the term "Barmy Army" is probably the kind of middle class hipster tit who finds James Corden entertaining, and loves a bit of "bantz". I'd prefer they get out.

Yes we will have a good idea where we stand after Saturday

You think one of Newcastle, Norwich or Burnley will get to 35 points? They are currently on 10 and 11 so would have to more than double their tally for the second half to get near that. I would not be surprised if 30 gets you safe this season.
All the teams at the bottom have to play each other (including us) so there are achievable points up for grabs. You may be right and a very low point total may be enough but it is shameful that this is the sort of thing we are relying on for our PL survival. We got 59 points last season, ffs.

One away win all season, conceding at least two every game, hopeless washed up stubborn dinosaur manager, injuries galore, a real lack of quality, no depth, a barnpot owner, an inert board, diabolical performances, one league win since September, bizarre January loans, players wanting to leave, FFP problems: if it doesn’t happen this season, I worry that it is coming soon.

giphy.gif

Watford. The team that strummed us 5-2? Yeah, I wouldn't count them out yet (compared to us.) Not saying it can't happen but I'm not optimistic. If the 40 point barrier is still the measure, we need 21 points from our last 18 matches? Geez that's a bit scary and way too close from comfort.

34 should be enough for safety. Maybe even less than that.

What? A loyal supporter of the man hired to manage us? Nah, I give that to all our managers for the first season.

Try it, you might like it.
It’s ok, some of us just have higher standards than acting like our worst run in nearly 30yrs is no big deal.

“I give all our managers the first season” would mean more if it was tethered to results/performance rather than some arbitrary figure.

It’s ok, some of us just have higher standards than acting like our worst run in nearly 30yrs is no big deal.

“I give all our managers the first season” would mean more if it was tethered to results/performance rather than some arbitrary figure.

The support comes because we';ve had our attack out for almost the entire season and Benitez has been shuffling a deck of defensive players that an ale house team would reject.

Status
Not open for further replies.