Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually disagree with most in here, I think El Ghazi is a decent player, though he didn't look great the other night when he came on. But the idea that we would use any of our limited transfer funds on him is ludicrous. He's primarily a right footed LW and we just simply do not need another mediocre winger for that position. If he's not an upgrade on our top four wingers, what is the point. And £15m?!? Did Walsh sneak back in when nobody was looking? Or maybe it's just that we've handed the untethered reins to an awful, washed up manager who is dragging us down at an alarming rate.
Got to be bull!!! We’re crying out for central midfield players, so I can’t see this being true

Villa obviously want to reduce their wage bill, and nobody else is in for Digne so they're strong-arming us into taking El Ghazi on at least until the summer.

You can take this strange approach with every poster if you want. You are quick to put the knife in with every manager we have ever had, apart from Martinez, but seem to love Benitez. Why is this?

You can travel back through my posts on here if you wish to see that when we signed Gray and Townsend, I said it was smart business. However, I said Begovic was awful and I stand by it. Rondon is finished and I am pleased with the signings of Patterson and Mykolenko. El Ghazi is at best average and we need potential and/or quality.

However, the damage Benitez is doing goes far beyond the signings. How you can defend someone setting up the side the way he does is beyond me. The football is every bit as bad as under Ancelotti and Allardyce, only we conceed for fun. He sets up with 2 in midfield ensuring we are overrun and makes bizarre selections. He annoys everyone he has to deal with and his management will ensure we lose all of the few existing good players we have.

He has always been a poor manager and a bell and his legend rests almost entirely on a couple of lucky cup wins nearly 2 decades ago.

We know that money was wasted before. That in itself does not give him carte blanche - if anything it means he has to get everything right to sort out the mess and he is miles away from doing this.

Get off that red high horse and accept that we have legitimate concerns and stop being contrary.

Earlier today I was basically going to write the same points to him. Then I realised "what's the point?". You're talking to a brick wall, and there's no point in arguing because he'll never back down. Save your energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.