Transfer Rumour Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now, playing at Newcastle Longstaff might not be the player we need.

But, most on here threw their toys out of the pram when we signed Gareth Barry… too old, too slow etc etc.

If Sean Longstaff who most perceive as underwhelming can step up the way his Dad did as an ice hockey player, we might fall lucky again as we did with Barry.

He has an excellent relationship with Benitez and that would probably help.

I thought he was fairly well received to be fair, the comments in his thread when we were signing him were largely positive, maybe I've missed something but doesn't really seem like a good comparison.

I’m not disputing that… it could go either way .. but I’m prepared to wait and see before coming to a conclusion mate
He’s certainly not going to be a regular starter, why sign him for money, when we can get him free in the summer? I personally would not sign him at all, because , he’s Tommy D Mark 2. We already have Tommy D Mark 1 and we don’t need to give him a long contract on wages which will make it difficult to shift him when Benitez is sacked.

Only thing I’d say about this stat is the fact that Everton and Newcastle are both teams that id guess don’t have the ball as much as other teams so there more likely to get this stat. Where does he rank on tackles/interceptions made?
I'll have a look

He’s certainly not going to be a regular starter, why sign him for money, when we can get him free in the summer? I personally would not sign him at all, because , he’s Tommy D Mark 2. We already have Tommy D Mark 1 and we don’t need to give him a long contract on wages which will make it difficult to shift him when Benitez is sacked.
Again mate .. that’s all supposition… none of us know any of it for certain

Status
Not open for further replies.