Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
how’s that Nunes doing in Portugal. The one that fat arse vetoed because he’s a control freak

Having a great season. Was called up to the Portugal national team in September and featured 3 times. Also become a regular starter for Sporting who're currently unbeaten in the league this season and qualified for the next round of the Champions League, putting Dortmund out.

So, yeah, we could probably have been doing with him.

More than anything (okay, maybe apart from a right back) I'd like to see us get a controlling midfielder. It's painful watching Allan and Doucoure trying to receive the ball off the centre backs - if they ever even show for it at all. I think it'd make more difference than a No.10, personally. Hopefully Benitez has someone in mind.

One good season in the Championship doesn't do enough for me.

Adam Armstrong, Che Adams and even Ivan Toney to an extent haven't been great in the PL. The only CF from Championship that's made a decent step up is Ollie Watkins, even then he has a good but not great scoring record.
Nah, he is a decent player, 19 goals in 23 games is good at any level, he averages 3-4 shots on target every game, can play across the front 3 as well he will get a move if Blackburn don't come up. As for the others well Toney has been a bit poor but Brentford have had more injuries than we have had so it's debatable as to how much actual service he has had and Armstrong and Adams I think suffer under a manager who wants to play a ridiculous system that his players can't play, I mean Adams seems to score when he plays for Scotland no problem.

One good season in the Championship doesn't do enough for me.

Adam Armstrong, Che Adams and even Ivan Toney to an extent haven't been great in the PL. The only CF from Championship that's made a decent step up is Ollie Watkins, even then he has a good but not great scoring record.

To be fair, whilst none are prolific, they're all a nightmare to play against like DCL was before he started to slot. I love players like that. Everyone wants a guaranteed goalscorer like Haaland but I think a classic Everton suit more of a Toney/Brereton nowadays.

Some fantastic players going on a free at the end of the year, would like to see us after 1 or 2 of them. We’ll almost certainly end up with Longstaff mind.

I remeber when we signed valente shortly after releasing him on a free in the same summer … only at Everton

I'm not suggesting he should be more than a squad player, I'm just saying it is unusual for managers to sign a player then upgrade him within 6 months. I would be very keen to see an upgrade but I don't think we will, until the summer at the earliest
I agree.
Not a chance we’ll be upgrading him in the near future. We have already bought two wingers so Rafael will prioritise elsewhere now.
He has also started to give Gordon game time too.

Status
Not open for further replies.