2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does sound as if he is choosing not to play for this manager and probably wants to leave.

I can understand him wanting to leave and the club does need to generate money from sales so a January exit is likely.

However, I do think Digne could play over the holiday while organising a move. I feel he is letting the club and his teammates down by refusing to play.
He was made captain at times and this certainly does not seem like the conduct of a leader of men...imo.

It does sound as if he is choosing not to play for this manager and probably wants to leave.

I can understand him wanting to leave and the club does need to generate money from sales so a January exit is likely.

However, I do think Digne could play over the holiday while organising a move. I feel he is letting the club and his teammates down by refusing to play.
He was made captain at times and this certainly does not seem like the conduct of a leader of men...imo.
Yeah, ostracized from the squad but he's refusing to play, you can't play if the manager doesn't select you!

Does it not say anything for this manager’s people skills that it’s come to this for a player who is: popular with teammates, been given responsibility and trusted by all previous managers, a player who has never agitated for a move (even when he probably could have played at a higher level), never previously caused trouble, is a model professional and trainer.

I think it says a lot more about this imbecile we have managing us. Could teach Roy Keane a thing or two, embarrassing. Achieving nothing but harming the team dynamic the fool.

Does it not say anything for this manager’s people skills that it’s come to this for a player who is: popular with teammates, been given responsibility and trusted by all previous managers, a player who has never agitated for a move (even when he probably could have played at a higher level), never previously caused trouble, is a model professional and trainer.

I think it says a lot more about this imbecile we have managing us. Could teach Roy Keane a thing or two, embarrassing. Achieving nothing but harming the team dynamic the fool.
no, that dreadful squad needed a kick up the ars, they know now if they step out of line they are out. apparently Digne has been whinging for months. Can't be doing that.

The manager didnt select him for the previous two games and the manager is now insinuating the player is faking an illness.

The manager, as is his choice as manager, is forcing another player out of the club as he called out the abysmal managerial performance and tactics so far this season.

Where in that do you see a player refusing to play?

The manager didnt select him for the previous two games and the manager is now insinuating the player is faking an illness.

The manager, as is his choice as manager, is forcing another player out of the club as he called out the abysmal managerial performance and tactics so far this season.

Where in that do you see a player refusing to play?
We had all this with hamez and I'm certain a few more who dare to question

no, that dreadful squad needed a kick up the ars, they know now if they step out of line they are out. apparently Digne has been whinging for months. Can't be doing that.
There are ways of going about it, this way isn’t very smart. A manager with better people skills doesn’t deal with this situation the same way. He is a poor communicator, poor motivator of individuals, that’s quite important in getting the best out of individuals and the team. Quite a big flaw in a people manager and leader. You think people management and engendering change is about going into a situation and shouting and isolating people? People don’t follow managers like this, trust me, see it every day.

There is absolutely zero evidence of this being the case. We do know that Benitez dropped him from the squad completely for 2 games though. Who's to say Benitez is not now trying to change the narrative to make Digne look like the bad guy. It would certainly fit his MO, you know; blame everyone and everything but himself

There are ways of going about it, this way isn’t very smart. A manager with better people skills doesn’t deal with this situation the same way. He is a poor communicator, poor motivator of individuals, that’s quite important in getting the best out of individuals and the team. Quite a big flaw in a people manager and leader. You think people management and engendering change is about going into a situation and shouting and isolating people? People don’t follow managers like this, trust me, see it every day.
I don't think you can use effective managers in the workplace as a guide to what makes a good football manager. in this arena, ruthlessness is almost an essential requirement. You get the odd odd ball like Klopp, but most of them run a pretty tight ship.

I don't think you can use effective managers in the workplace as a guide to what makes a good football manager. in this arena, ruthlessness is almost an essential requirement. You get the odd odd ball like Klopp, but most of them run a pretty tight ship.
People are people, the skills are transferable, the subject matter expertise isn’t.

You’re also assuming that good people manager’s don’t run right ships, don’t make tough decisions or act decisively- they do. They’re just more likely to take their people with them when they do it as opposed to alienating and demotivating then.

People are people, the skills are transferable, the subject matter expertise isn’t.

You’re also assuming that good people manager’s don’t run right ships, don’t make tough decisions or act decisively- they do. They’re just more likely to take their people with them when they do it as opposed to alienating and demotivating then.
they're all different. I get the impression that teams do want to play for Rafael, hence the success. But if you have someone complaining constantly, and not showing enough respect, that has to be dealt with firmly in my view. I hear what you say about transferrable skills and I'm sure that being a good communicator or people pleaser can be useful,, but equally football is littered with winners who ran things with an iron fist.

Status
Not open for further replies.