2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I'll be glad to see the back of him at this stage

He's been dealt a duff hand with the injuries, but I don't think much of his tactics and I'm sick of the division he's causing amongst the fan base

Time to ship him out I think

No idea who we replace him with like, but he needs shifting

Another failed appointment from Moshiri in a series of them (Although I'll give him a pass on Ancelotti because that was a genuine show of ambition)

Benitez would have been a questionable appointment even without the Liverpool connections. Feels like a real spent force

I know how unpopular the opinion may be, but I still think Silva was the best appointment he's made. It was in the mould of what I'd want in a manager - on the way up rather than on the way down. If we were going to show any faith in any of them, he'd have been the one I'd have backed (although I freely admit it would have been difficult at the time in the context of the form and the big derby defeat etc). Just think the context about how unfortunate he was with the summer business we did etc gets overlooked unfairly.

Anyway, short of a miracle, it feels like we are in the final days/weeks of this regime and we'll shortly get to do it all over again where nobody agrees on who the best candidate is. Except this time we also don't have a DoF in place or any recruitment department worth mentioning. I wonder if we'll do it properly the next time?

I know how unpopular the opinion may be, but I still think Silva was the best appointment he's made. It was in the mould of what I'd want in a manager - on the way up rather than on the way down. If we were going to show any faith in any of them, he'd have been the one I'd have backed (although I freely admit it would have been difficult at the time in the context of the form and the big derby defeat etc). Just think the context about how unfortunate he was with the summer business we did etc gets overlooked unfairly.

Anyway, short of a miracle, it feels like we are in the final days/weeks of this regime and we'll shortly get to do it all over again where nobody agrees on who the best candidate is. Except this time we also don't have a DoF in place or any recruitment department worth mentioning. I wonder if we'll do it properly the next time?

Silva has thus far made Benitez look like prime Jock Stein by comparison. I felt his system where he always left the striker so isolated was ridiculous, but at least he actually seemed to have some sort of system and tactical plan

I haven't got a clue what Benitez is trying to do tactically most of the time. We look utterly lost out there. The game has moved on and Benitez clearly hasn't

Silva has thus far made Benitez look like prime Jock Stein by comparison. I felt his system where he always left the striker so isolated was ridiculous, but at least he actually seemed to have some sort of system and tactical plan

I haven't got a clue what Benitez is trying to do tactically most of the time. We look utterly lost out there. The game has moved on and Benitez clearly hasn't

Earlier in the season I felt I understood what the plan was - surrender possession in favour of attacking quickly. Not necessarily the worst idea in the world given our players look about as comfortable with the ball as Boris Johnson does with the truth.

As time has gone on, that idea seems to have been sussed by other teams and we have no plan B at all. There have been injuries which haven't helped, of course, but if you take the Palace game on Sunday, I couldn't tell you for the life of me what the plan was. Genuinely no clue.

Earlier in the season I felt I understood what the plan was - surrender possession in favour of attacking quickly. Not necessarily the worst idea in the world given our players look about as comfortable with the ball as Boris Johnson does with the truth.

As time has gone on, that idea seems to have been sussed by other teams and we have no plan B at all. There have been injuries which haven't helped, of course, but if you take the Palace game on Sunday, I couldn't tell you for the life of me what the plan was. Genuinely no clue.

Qualified enough to get a job in Bo Jo's Cabinet. Plan B...meh! Let's try Plan C...oh, wait, we don't even have a Plan B

What do you think we'll achieve under Rafael? His tactics, which were pretty new on the scene back when he won the CL 15 odd years ago are now in Football Management 101... They've been figured out by the industry itself. Same with the set piece set up. It'll never work. I honestly think now we'd get nowhere under him if he had 200mil to spend in January. I don't think this is a money issue at all and it's why a French International Attacking Fullback called out his tactics
"His tactics are outdated".

Meaningless words on a forum. He's forgotten more about football tactics and strategy than you'll ever know.

Oh Dave, come on. The fact that there are other mediocre teams in the division and they haven’t managed to pull away from us yet, is hardly an endorsement of Benitez. I’ve tried to be fair to him, I’ve been mindful of the fact that I didn’t want him from day 1, but, I have tried to make allowances for that and gave him credit for picking up points early in the season. Having said that, we were very ordinary and rather lucky to have picked up as many points as we did. Truthfully, the only game in which we looked decent all the way through was Brighton away.

The truth of the matter is, the club was in a poor state when Benitez came in, but, he has, in short order, turned it into a crisis, the football is agricultural, we are a very defensive team who can’t defend, there is more division amongst the fans than in any time during my memory of the blues, which goes back to the early 60’s.

I know you say you want stability and that the problems go much deeper than Benitez and I agree with you. Stability will not come with this manager, it’s not what he does, his way is confrontation. I also accept that there are far more problems than Benitez, but, he is the most urgent problem and he is the problem that is most easily dealt with.
If Benitez gets sacked like this then the cleaning of house stops and the "Everton That" era rumbles on untouched and still crippling the club.

I dont want that and neither should any Evertonian.

The players - clear them out.
The coaches - clear them out.
The remainder of the board - clear them out.

But you don’t compare a managers tactical acumen to a fans, do you? You compare it to the managers he comes up against - and regularly falls to - which shows they’re outdated.
These players are Championship level apart from 4/5.

...or maybe you dispute that?

Status
Not open for further replies.