2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they weren’t there where they?

Gray missed the Brentford game, so did Richarlison. Gomes is only just back.
Doucoure is only just back.

What are you talking about?
Gray played vs brentford. Doucoure been back last 3 games. Richie been back last 6 other than his suspension of 1 game.

Gomes stinks the gaff out when he starts games, tbf.

Delph for me to sit in front of the defence and have Allan pushed on down the left.

That in turn gives Digne cover down that side to get forward as Allan and Delph cover, with Doucoure on the right side of the three. You then have Gomes - from now on - to bring on.

However, we could have played the Delph-Doucoure-Allan trio in each of these last three games from the start mate. And it's needed because it's a platform. I don't expect us to dominate the ball. But three in there is solid, gives you a platform to build from and you've got a proper front three and we've seen what Gray and Richarlison can do when the service is right. That's all I'm asking for. Not this awful, awful system we've been playing. It's unfair on the players too. Townsend will always work hard for the side and I rate that in him, but bloody hell he is awful central
No way Liverpool would've been able to cope with that juggernaut of a midfield. Nobody could.

And you're comfortable with that?

A man who has overseen two wins in 12... A man who finished no higher than 13th in his last few PL seasons. A man who has won two titles in the past decade over spells with Real Madrid, Napoli, Inter etc.

Digne has every right to question why he has not been allowed to do what he is good at and what can help the team.

On both parties to make up and Digne has to get his head down of course but also, it's a valid complaint.

I’m comfortable with any man changing things at Everton.

Since he’s arrived Donnachie has gone, a new fitness coach has come in, Brands has gone, and now Digne is being reminded who is in charge.

The last 7 years cannot have been allowed to continue. People seem to not want anyone who will rock the boat though.

So they should. If he's thrown his toys out the pram and won't play for the team then screw him.

If he's told to play in goal he should, he's paid to be a footballer for Everton.
His rep spoke to the Athletic and it is almost certain that Benitez punished Digne because of that (edit: this bit is, yes, speculation, as we can't be sure just yet). It could have cost the team. Just because it didn't in terms of a result, doesn't make it the right call. I am against any manager doing that to make a point. I think it's ridiculous.

Drop Digne to the bench, sound, but leaving him out entirely when he could always make a difference in a must-win game is stupid. It is absolutely stupid mate.

The breaking point was reached. Once Moshiri didn’t blink after the derby loss and got rid of Brands, The gig was up for these players.

Ship up or you’ll be shipped out. Lo and behold some of them started playing now Marcel won’t be around to hand them an extension once they’ve got Moshiri to fire Benitez.

Not happening now. Benitez is in full control.
It's one game mate.

It's a good start. (or restart anyway). Keep it up and everything will be fine regardless.

Moshiri didn't blink because he probably didn't watch it.

Thought he spoke well to be honest. Basically just outed Brands as an utter charlatan.

Basically said the club has to work on transfers right NOW and start planning properly for the future rather than this mish mash of nonsense we've put together.

ye i get we need a better transfer policy mate but it’s like my way or the highway

Status
Not open for further replies.