Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
we had players that had fight and we had a united fanbase . My worry is we look like one of these classic relegation sides with delusions of grandeur ,we obvious lack fight and direction in a hodge podge of a squad assembled by numerous people, we lack goals , we lack organisation and the club is riven by splits from boardroom to the stands. If you did a relegation checklist the one thing we aren't lacking is ticks . Not to mention we've just been thumped at home by one of our rivals in their only win in what 6 , I think we'll probably be ok but we need points and soon.

We've never had a united fanbase certainly since the BK Era.

Most big clubs dont either its like saying the UK has ever been politically united.

When you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of people there will always be division.

we had players that had fight and we had a united fanbase . My worry is we look like one of these classic relegation sides with delusions of grandeur ,we obvious lack fight and direction in a hodge podge of a squad assembled by numerous people, we lack goals , we lack organisation and the club is riven by splits from boardroom to the stands. If you did a relegation checklist the one thing we aren't lacking is ticks . Not to mention we've just been thumped at home by one of our rivals in their only win in what 6 , I think we'll probably be ok but we need points and soon.
This is the point. We are Randy Lerner's Aston Villa. Sunderland when they went down. West Ham the last time they were relegated. Leeds when they went down, and Blackburn. That is how we look as a club currently. If we don't get a unity of purpose soon I can definitely see us getting relegated, and I don't think there'll be too many tears shed. To be honest I've been a supporter for over 45 years and I will probably shrug my shoulders and say we deserved it.

We've never had a united fanbase certainly since the BK Era.

Most big clubs dont either its like saying the UK has ever been politically united.

When you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of people there will always be division.
the atmosphere against the rs was embarrassing we both know that and its a legacy of the bloke we've had forced on us , who you called the rafatolla or whatever , compare it to the place when we stopped them winning the league . that wasn't twenty years ago , so what's changed ? now imagine we need wins, we need the place creating that noise and intimidation will we get it with this joker ? no chance because half the lads we need are stood at the bar in the brick or the oak or are still in town , he's ruining our club and people are on here telling me its a good thing.

This is the point. We are Randy Lerner's Aston Villa. Sunderland when they went down. West Ham the last time they were relegated. Leeds when they went down, and Blackburn. That is how we look as a club currently. If we don't get a unity of purpose soon I can definitely see us getting relegated, and I don't think there'll be too many tears shed. To be honest I've been a supporter for over 45 years and I will probably shrug my shoulders and say we deserved it.
its so glaringly obvious where we are headed and what we look like , you've nailed it and I can't believe we will continue to sleep towards it and pretend that DCL, mina and tom Davies will suddenly transform us into Man City FFS

the atmosphere against the rs was embarrassing we both know that and its a legacy of the bloke we've had forced on us , who you called the rafatolla or whatever , compare it to the place when we stopped them winning the league . that wasn't twenty years ago , so what's changed ? now imagine we need wins, we need the place creating that noise and intimidation will we get it with this joker ? no chance because half the lads we need are stood at the bar in the brick or the oak or are still in town , he's ruining our club and people are on here telling me its a good thing.

Again if you believe Benitez who's been here 14 games has destroyed/torn the fanbase etc etc when we've had protests, banners and aeroplanes aimed at the current chairman over the last 15 years, have had 3 failed ground moves, fans running on the pitch to confront players you're naive mate.

I've been going the game a long time and the scenes towards the end of both Martinez and Silva's tenures were the same as they are now.

We win tonight for example people are chanting EVERTON, EVERTON, EVERTON in the ground - its amazing what 3 points does for the fans.

Again if you believe Benitez who's been here 14 games has destroyed/torn the fanbase etc etc when we've had protests, banners and aeroplanes aimed at the current chairman over the last 15 years, have had 3 failed ground moves, fans running on the pitch to confront players you're naive mate.

I've been going the game a long time and the scenes towards the end of both Martinez and Silva's tenures were the same as they are now.

We win tonight for example people are chanting EVERTON, EVERTON, EVERTON in the ground tonight - its amazing what 3 points does for the fans.
of course a win will help , its about winning but you honestly and truthfully can tell me you don't think he's had an impact of the fanbase or atmosphere in the ground ? no caveats about him winning , or stories about Ancelotti or Geordies and all that , do you believe this manager has impacted on the fanbase and atmosphere ?

of course a win will help , its about winning but you honestly and truthfully can tell me you don't think he's had an impact of the fanbase or atmosphere in the ground ? no caveats about him winning , or stories about Ancelotti or Geordies and all that , do you believe this manager has impacted on the fanbase and atmosphere ?

Only to a small degree in terms of the matchday fans - because if we were 16th in the table now with 1 win in 10 or whatever even the likes of Ancelotti would be getting a lot of anger directed at him.

I remember the defeat at home to Norwich in Silva's second season and there was a fan recorded confronting Kenwright shouting at him to sack Silva.

Its nothing new!

Only to a small degree in terms of the matchday fans - because if we were 16th in the table now with 1 win in 10 or whatever even the likes of Ancelotti would be getting a lot of anger directed at him.

I remember the defeat at home to Norwich in Silva's second season and there was a fan recorded confronting Kenwright shouting at him to sack Silva.

Its nothing new!
ok mate , I get you've painted yourself in a corner but if you're a season ticket holder (which I believe you are ) and you've got mates who are blues we both know that BS .
two away credits for Chelsea, two.
the worst derby atmosphere in years and more spares going around than I and I suspect you can ever remember.
fans fighting in the stands and with police leading to missiles thrown on the pitch
the managers name only song by away fans
fans protests
match boycotts by fans because of the appointment

you talk about silva's second season , second this bloke is 14 league games in he's not even half a season in yet and this is where we are . its absolutely unprecedented in my 50 years watching the club and I struggle to thing of another example in football. Unless things turn around quickly it'll end in disaster and its on Moshiri and it'll be so bloody predictable.

ok mate , I get you've painted yourself in a corner but if you're a season ticket holder (which I believe you are ) and you've got mates who are blues we both know that BS .
two away credits for Chelsea, two.
the worst derby atmosphere in years and more spares going around than I and I suspect you can ever remember.
fans fighting in the stands and with police leading to missiles thrown on the pitch

the managers name only song by away fans
fans protests
match boycotts by fans because of the appointment

you talk about silva's second season , second this bloke is 14 league games in he's not even half a season in yet and this is where we are . its absolutely unprecedented in my 50 years watching the club and I struggle to thing of another example in football. Unless things turn around quickly it'll end in disaster and its on Moshiri and it'll be so bloody predictable.

Is that largely down to Benitez though?

Most of the anger I've seen at the match has been directed towards the players and board.

I personally think its been more to do with the last 6 years or so of rubbish coming to a head rather than a mass anger directed at the manager.

If anything I think the matchday fans have been less toxic towards Benitez than Chelsea fans were who were giving him flack in the ground even when they were winning!

Its nothing new!

After 15 games Silva's 2nd season we had less points, were 18th & just lost the derby 5-2
This has been a long running thing, its not ALL down to the current manager!

Is that largely down to Benitez though?

Most of the anger I've seen at the match has been directed towards the players and board.

I personally think its been more to do with the last 6 years or so of rubbish coming to a head rather than a mass anger directed at the manager.

If anything I think the matchday fans have been less toxic towards Benitez than Chelsea fans were who were giving him flack in the ground even when they were winning!

The board and owner are responsible for the poor quality of the squad. The board and owner are responsible for the lack of vision and direction over several seasons.

Benitez is responsible for the underachievement of the squad and the poor results on the pitch. This squad is not good enough to challenge for europe and I accept that. I do not accept that 2 points from 24 and 1 win in 11 is acceptable form from a squad who got 59 points last season. He is responsible for the lack of results and he will ultimately be sacked if results do not improve this month. His tactics have been baffling in recent games, and our defending has been a disgrace.

My opinion is that he is simply not good enough, and unless there is a quick upturn in results, then my opinion will be vindicated and proven. If 1 win in 11 becomes 1 win in 14 or 15 then there is no doubt his position becomes untenable and he deserves to be sacked for gross underachievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.