2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we just carry with our downward spiral? OK.

A point for Leeds today takes them above us, and Watford’s horrible run of fixtures is mostly over, and they have some ok games coming up, so I would expect them also to be above us by Xmas.

Tomorrow’s game is massive, we simply have to get something.

We wouldn’t be doing better than 2 from 24? Nonsense.

You never said that, you said we’d be “getting results”. We wouldn’t, Mourinho wouldn’t be able to do a thing with this squad. He would however, throw all of them and the club hierarchy under the bus which is something I’d be here for.

I’d definitely have Mourinho. Because otherwise we are just getting Nuno.

Neither of them please - Mourinho is broken as a manager and Nuno is just terrible.

Lampard I'd be ok with because I think he'd at least have an incentive to do something, is young enough to have learned from his mistakes and could probably fit in to what we want to do if we actually go down the director of football route. Other than that some of the names - that Danish lid for example - seem underwhelming at best.

No to Mourinho. Fans need a manager they can empathise with and be inspired by - although it ended sourly for both but Moyes and Martinez had great personalities.

Mourinho is no different to Benitez IMO and his brand of football is hideous.

People need to realise that Benitez was brought in because we have nothing to spend for the next few years, can't you see? He can sign quality players for extremely low fees as shown at Newcastle and with Gray, it's just we need to sacrifice performances on the pitch for a few years while he clears out and rebuilds the squad.

Rent-a-pundit on NBC Sports is reporting that Moshiri, Usmanov, and some of their coterie want to retain Benitez while members of the board (unspecified beyond Kenwright) are pushing for his ouster. Lots of tut-tutting all around.

People need to realise that Benitez was brought in because we have nothing to spend for the next few years, can't you see? He can sign quality players for extremely low fees as shown at Newcastle and with Gray, it's just we need to sacrifice performances on the pitch for a few years while he clears out and rebuilds the squad.
For your info his Newcastle signings

Matt Richie £10m
Dwight Gayle £10m
Matz sels £5m
Grant Hanley £5m
Ciaran Clark £5m
Yedlin £5m
Daryl Murphy £3m
Mo diame £4.5m
Isaac Hayden £4m
Achraf Lazaar £2.5m
Jesus gamez free
Jacob Murphy £10.5m
Florian lejune £8.7m
Joselu £5m
Christian atsu £6m
Javier manquillo undisclosed
Mikel Moreno £6m (disputed )
Martin dubravka £7m
Islam slimani £2m loan fee
Kenedy loan
Yoshi muto £9.5m
Rondon loan
Miguel almiron £21m
Ki undisclosed

No rush like but if you feel like pointing out the quality in there for extremely low fees .

In theory that was the idea but what if we go down while he is doing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.