2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't sack a crap boring manager just incase we appoint a crap manager.

How will we ever get better

It's not a case of "incase" we appoint a crap manager. Of course we'll appoint a crap manager, when has Moshiri ever made a good decision?

"How will we ever get better" - by things above the manager changing? The issue is more than the manager, baffles me that some people don't see/accept this.

I'm not saying he doesn't take some of the blame, but he can't win, he tries to play attacking football and we ship goals because we don't have the right players, if he reverts to a defensive formation some of the guys on here would say he's playing too defensive.

People on here say we need to give youth a chance, he sticks with Gordon who has featured in around a dozen matches and has no return.

We simply do not have the squad.

People forget that Carlo had 6 months before last season, he also spent nearly 70 mil. Rafael has. Been here for 4 months and has spent 1.7 on transfer fees.
and there it is

I'm not saying he doesn't take some of the blame, but he can't win, he tries to play attacking football and we ship goals because we don't have the right players, if he reverts to a defensive formation some of the guys on here would say he's playing too defensive.

Lies; we’re shipping goals and losing. An inexperienced manager would continue playing the same way when it’s clearly not working.

A “master tactician” would have other ways of killing the game; yet he continues and continue plummeting towards relegation

People forget that Carlo had 6 months before last season, he also spent nearly 70 mil. Rafael has. Been here for 4 months and has spent 1.7 on transfer fees.
The £70m Carlo spent is still there so that’s irrelevant

What was your take on Nuno being shown the door at Spurs after about 10 games? I think you were a fan of his, no? Levy realised it was a mistake and acted.
Spurs squad and this one are on different levels.

I wanted Nuno here, but he wouldn't have cut muster in this crisis. No one would. It;s a crisis we have to let unravel and get on top of when players are back from injury and we get players in during January on laons or small fees.

I'm pretty sure getting relegated then getting promoted with Newcastle is the definition of unstable.

You're just wumming at this point. We know he had 10 games to save them and it went down to the last game of the season. He had them 8th in form when they went down, if he had the whole season, they would have comfortably been in the top 8. Took them back up as champions first time of asking and kept them up for 2 seasons, stabilising them as a mid table side.

Looking objectively or not, this is our worst run of form since 1999. Is it not fair we are concerned and questions are being asked?

He was a divisive choice to start with, and these result s are creating a toxic environment that helps nobody.
Again, I agree. I counter that it is our worst run of injuries and lowest spend for a new manager in the same period, probably with the worst squad also.

Stabilised Newcastle. Kept Dalian in the Chinese Premier League 2 seasons in a row and offered him an ambassador role with a permanent position of overseeing their academy. Built Napolis best side for 2 decades which they reaped the rewards from for around 5 years, to the point that this summer they wanted Rafael in as DOF.

200.gif

I keep hearing this, What's he done in the last few years stuff. What would you expect him to do in three years with a team that he takes over in the relegation zone at match 29, win the CL? What he did there can be judged by what the fans there think of him. Again, with China, what did you want him to do there, win the FA cup? He went there for £20m quid, not to win the Chinese Cup.
Not a great argument that is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.