Match Thread Everton v Liverpool, Wednesday 1st December 20:15

Everton MOTM vs Liverpool

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They thought it was going to be 0-5 at halftime and it's now 1-2.

This. Is. Not. Over.

We can get something out of this.
Yes it is. Sorry to be a pessimist, but there were 3-4 blues looking tired there. We aren’t going to be able to keep up with that for another 45. They’ll come out wanting to put that goal they conceded right..

2nd half could be a car crash.

To show the board you’ve had enough of a fat Kopites being in charge
I'm sure that'd be a highly effective gesture, but I suspect they didn't leave at all. They just slipped off to the bathroom to wring out their underpants.

First twenty minutes was bloody awful, but for once we've not given up and folded (yet) and have played our way back into the game.

Brighton were 2 down to Liverpool in double quick time a couple of weeks back and ended up drawing 2-2, so there's hope

So the obvious question is why do they not make an effort in the previous games?
In all seriousness I think they knew that they were at absolute rock bottom and worth every bit of scorn and disgust that could be thrown at them, and they summoned some, dare I say it, fight? Pride? Balls?

Benitez just cannot get his head around that you can have more than three players in midfield

There was a point when we were 2-0 down that Robertson beat Doucoure and there was Allan on the halfway line and no other Everton players ahead of the defence

Madness
I guess his hope is that Doucoure and Allan can cover the space but Allan is slow and Doucoure has no positional sense so they just blatantly can't.

I actually think long term this system is intriguing. It won't work until you've got midfielders handpicked for it though.

I am definitely not getting carried away. We had a decent final 15 minutes but were atrocious for the first 30 and this team are capable of being atrocious for long periods again in the second half. Need a full on 45 minute passionate effort or it will make that decent 15 minute spell meaningless.

Status
Not open for further replies.