2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you link these reports please.

Also, if they paid 8.8m, plus his wages, we would surely have more than 10m to spend?

Yet you are saying we only have between 5-10m which includes a few mil we already had.

Yes estimated based on his wages. I'm not sure if I believe that fee, but you're right it changes things, perhaps we could be looking at more money.

Transfermarkt have the fee down as 7.2 mil.

Sportrac have the fee at $8.8m

Well, it was Everton's last 13 games last season vs first 13 games this season.

The point is, even Carlo Ancelotti had a torrid run which has ran into this season.

Changing Benitez now or anytime soon, doesn't give us anything of significance this season. The club have wrote this season off.

I wouldn't give Benitez, or Brands a penny to spend in January. We made that mistake with an interim boss in Allardyce and a DoF on borrowed time in Walsh when we paid a lot for Tosun and Walcott when we weren't achieving anything that season, or going down.

Ultimately...

A full fit Everton team and we're 6th-10th.

A few injuries and we're 10th-16th.

The margins between those league places are pretty small. We're as close to 5th as relegation right now.

It is what it is.
I fully believe Ancelotti gave up last season. Remember his tactical formation changes etc at the start of the season? Contrast that to putting out the same side and formation every week to lose at home. He had enough.

See, the thing is Matty - sometimes it's about taking one step back to go forward.

If we keep knee jerking as a club, we risk going down the path of Leeds/Sunderland etc.

Two top managers of the game, title winning - champions league winning managers have delivered identical form the last 13 games of last season, and the first 13 of this.

The answer isn't always sacking the manager - how many have we had now over the past 5 seasons? or bringing in panic signings in January.

We have to take our medicine this season. At best - upper midtable obscurity. At worst - lower midtable obscurity.

If come mid January we're looking suspect, sure sack Benitez - go interim to hope for some bounce and maybe spend a small amount if they're keeping Brands beyond this season.

There's loads of ifs, but for me - sacking the manager anytime soon won't do us any good.
Vault me, there is no going forward with this manager for many reasons, the main one being he is so out of touch with both Everton and top class football in 2021.

He is arrogant, stubborn and, even in his heyday, his brand of football was horrible.

Every single pundit, journo and fan reckons it is a full gone conclusion before a ball is kicked.... Usually I`d be pee`d off by that but they are right, I just hope we can keep the score down.

Status
Not open for further replies.