Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won’t be coming back.
I don't really know what the terms of the deal were and I didn't even realise that Juventus weren't doing well if i'm being honest. I'm having a hard enough time staying interested in the blues I haven't really taken any notice of what's going on elsewhere. I do think we should have been able to find a buyer for Kean though its one thing having excuses for players he was saddled with when he took over but it doesn't look good when you can't offload a player you bought yourself. In the position we're supposed to be in it's a very big problem.

He won’t be coming back.

The problem with that deal is that no one really knows what it was. No one can say for sure either that he will or won't be back.

Our issue last summer was caused by the senseless decision to loan him out the year before. If you show the world you are willing to loan a player to one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, then why would any club offer good money?

We showed our hand early, and we had a pair of 2s

I don't really know what the terms of the deal were and I didn't even realise that Juventus weren't doing well if i'm being honest. I'm having a hard enough time staying interested in the blues I haven't really taken any notice of what's going on elsewhere. I do think we should have been able to find a buyer for Kean though its one thing having excuses for players he was saddled with when he took over but it doesn't look good when you can't offload a player you bought yourself. In the position we're supposed to be in it's a very big problem.

Personally I think Kean himself shafted us a little because of how much he wanted back at Juve. Completely takes away any negotiating leverage we had. When the deal is wrapped up we make a hefty profit.

How can you blame Brands for a side that recently won 9 league titles in a row suddenly becoming crap.
Because he agreed a loan without a direct obligation to buy.
Why let them water it down based on them achieving their objectives, we owned the player with 3 years on his contract. They received their money from us 2 years ago.

Personally I think Kean himself shafted us a little because of how much he wanted back at Juve. Completely takes away any negotiating leverage we had. When the deal is wrapped up we make a hefty profit.
Hopefully you're right and hopefully it doesn't come too late.

Because he agreed a loan without a direct obligation to buy.
Why let them water it down based on them achieving their objectives, we owned the player with 3 years on his contract. They received their money from us 2 years ago.

But why would they not do everything in their power not to achiev those objectives... not getting CL is financially horrendous for them. They will make it.

If the only thing that Benetiz brings to the club is a bit of sanity and strategy to transfer dealings from this point onwards I would thank him for this.

He makes some logical points, below, but it is incredibly worrying that he is even having to speak up and seemingly get those above to listen. Absolute madness.

Apologies for the red echo link ?

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...verton-Rafael-benitez-farhad-moshiri-22323286

Status
Not open for further replies.