Who's next after Benitez - Poll reset 25th Jan

Who's next from this list ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making an argument in favour. I don't think Lampard wanted those players and I absolutely do not rate Werner. He will give chances to and improve young players and that is our only possible way out of this mess.

And I'm not going to disagree with that last sentence. That is the only option we have. No elite manager is coming near us so we need to find the next one. Easier said than done though with the incompetence and lack of vision we have at board level.
the way the club is run means Lambert would have players bought that he didn't want, he would just be the latest 12 month manager before results tank him.
There are managers like Favre and Fonseca, and that Getaffe Martinez who I think would do a way better job.
Then there are managers with jobs like Ten Haag who probably wouldn't do it but should be approached.
Lambert is behind Dyche for me.

I read an article earlier interviewing Ruban Dias of Man City. He said he doesn't have a preferred defensive partner as all the squad are trained & embedded with the same thinking & way of playing so the person next to him is just a name & should play pretty much the same way as anyone else would.

Our playing style has been a mess for years. Rafael has done nothing to change this so far. Regardless of which manager we've had it seems impossible to get this squad to do what a manager wants them to do & there is no continuity of play like you get with a Chelsea or a Man City or Liverpool etc. A few players have come in & briefly shone but they too eventually lose thier way & fall in line with the rest of the squad who drag eachother down further & further.
Add in the shockingly poor recruitment by the club which seems to be run by an owner who has zero clue how real recruitment should be done which has completely cut the legs out of our DoF who, like the players has fallen in line & got dragged down too.
Our owners solution has been to get a big name manager in to sort out his mess that he created & every time he does it gets worse & worse because nothing has changed & we are now at a point where he's run out of lives. His money can't get him out of the situation he has created this time.
We have to seek out a manager that is up & coming. Someone from another place outside of the normal pool our owner wants to shop in which seems to be only big name expensive bosses. I want someone who is doing well & has ambitions to want to manage a club like ours similar to when we recruited David Moyes from Preston. We need someone who hasn't been corrupted by massive money & silly agents but is also strong of mind & has a clear idea of what he wants & knows how to implement his ideas. I want someone who is used to nurturing talent who can work with a DoF who has experience recruiting young talent to work in a specific style. It feels like our DoF just does what Moshiri tells him to do. Moshi needs to learn to butt out of literally everything related to anything football. Marcel Brands needs to grow a pair & get on with doing the job he was brought in for with young recruitment. Hopefully they both realise this soon because until they do we will be buggered. Nothing can change until thier mindsets change.

The old guard on & off the pitch are quite frankly cancerous to us now. Thank your for your service but please bugger off & quickly. They are beyond capable of changing thier ways & drag everyone down with them. Players & staff, i can count on one hand the amount of them i think could actually adapt & give a crap & genuinely take on board a new way of thinking & progress. Big dunc please leave, get experience somewhere & if it works out then sure, I'll consider you an option for the future but for now please bugger off.
I refuse to believe that we should choose from Lampard or Rooney etc like others have suggested. There is a whole world out there of untapped talent. Talent that would love to manage us. Let's get someone on the way up instead of on the way down & get the same with the players too.
What scares me is that we have a couple of contracts done at the end of the season & I'm positive that Mosh will demand two big signings that turn out crap again rather than several alternative cheaper signings on lower wages that actually work in a system that everyone understands & plays in. So far, Rafael like all before him have failed to show any sort of system at all. How long does it take to show? It's also not good when your ideas only work with your best players. A good system should work or at least show itself even when your hit with injuries. I can't work out what Rafael has changed other than hold Digne back which isn't working. We still hoof, we still only cross, we still get easily closed down resulting in a Pickford hoof, we can't pass between the lines we don't show for eachother, there's no clever runs, no edge of the box interplay, our positioning is crap etc etc
Sorry for the rants about many things. I could've posted this in many other threads. Like many of us I'm just done with these guys now.

I read an article earlier interviewing Ruban Dias of Man City. He said he doesn't have a preferred defensive partner as all the squad are trained & embedded with the same thinking & way of playing so the person next to him is just a name & should play pretty much the same way as anyone else would.

Our playing style has been a mess for years. Rafael has done nothing to change this so far. Regardless of which manager we've had it seems impossible to get this squad to do what a manager wants them to do & there is no continuity of play like you get with a Chelsea or a Man City or Liverpool etc. A few players have come in & briefly shone but they too eventually lose thier way & fall in line with the rest of the squad who drag eachother down further & further.
Add in the shockingly poor recruitment by the club which seems to be run by an owner who has zero clue how real recruitment should be done which has completely cut the legs out of our DoF who, like the players has fallen in line & got dragged down too.
Our owners solution has been to get a big name manager in to sort out his mess that he created & every time he does it gets worse & worse because nothing has changed & we are now at a point where he's run out of lives. His money can't get him out of the situation he has created this time.
We have to seek out a manager that is up & coming. Someone from another place outside of the normal pool our owner wants to shop in which seems to be only big name expensive bosses. I want someone who is doing well & has ambitions to want to manage a club like ours similar to when we recruited David Moyes from Preston. We need someone who hasn't been corrupted by massive money & silly agents but is also strong of mind & has a clear idea of what he wants & knows how to implement his ideas. I want someone who is used to nurturing talent who can work with a DoF who has experience recruiting young talent to work in a specific style. It feels like our DoF just does what Moshiri tells him to do. Moshi needs to learn to butt out of literally everything related to anything football. Marcel Brands needs to grow a pair & get on with doing the job he was brought in for with young recruitment. Hopefully they both realise this soon because until they do we will be buggered. Nothing can change until thier mindsets change.

The old guard on & off the pitch are quite frankly cancerous to us now. Thank your for your service but please bugger off & quickly. They are beyond capable of changing thier ways & drag everyone down with them. Players & staff, i can count on one hand the amount of them i think could actually adapt & give a crap & genuinely take on board a new way of thinking & progress. Big dunc please leave, get experience somewhere & if it works out then sure, I'll consider you an option for the future but for now please bugger off.
I refuse to believe that we should choose from Lampard or Rooney etc like others have suggested. There is a whole world out there of untapped talent. Talent that would love to manage us. Let's get someone on the way up instead of on the way down & get the same with the players too.
What scares me is that we have a couple of contracts done at the end of the season & I'm positive that Mosh will demand two big signings that turn out crap again rather than several alternative cheaper signings on lower wages that actually work in a system that everyone understands & plays in. So far, Rafael like all before him have failed to show any sort of system at all. How long does it take to show? It's also not good when your ideas only work with your best players. A good system should work or at least show itself even when your hit with injuries. I can't work out what Rafael has changed other than hold Digne back which isn't working. We still hoof, we still only cross, we still get easily closed down resulting in a Pickford hoof, we can't pass between the lines we don't show for eachother, there's no clever runs, no edge of the box interplay, our positioning is crap etc etc
Sorry for the rants about many things. I could've posted this in many other threads. Like many of us I'm just done with these guys now.
It only takes a few bad eggs. A clear out is needed. I'd start with the players who've seen off the most managers and work my way down

Is that you Sid?

Hadn't seen that and the original suggestion was some what throw away because I don't really know anything about him. I like him a lot after that and I think he fits the mold of what many on here are saying we need, young, innovative up and coming coach. He needs success in his next appointment as well as his CV is very short at the moment so one bad appointment and his record is arnished.

And how much did Nuno spend in the summer and how much did Benitez?
It's irrelevant. A manager has to use whatever tools are at his disposal. The reason he's paid £7 million a year is so he can compensate for shortcomings using tactical nous. He's shown no inkling of being able to do that so far.

The Brazilan giants (Plameiras, Flamengo, Santos, Gremio, Mineiro) have vastly more spending power than Argentinian teams and so tend to hoover up all the best talent in South America. To even achieve a part of what Gallardo has done by mainly coaching young players and players bought on a shoestring is testament to his ability as a coach.

1 x Copa Sudamerican win
2 x Recopa Sudamericana wins
2 x Copalibertadores wins

and I'm gonna directly quote you here
"you cant label Gallardo a top level manager until he proves it in a stronger league up against higher level manager/players".

Yet a few posts back you were pushing the virtues of Ten Hag of Ajax who operates in the Eredivisie!!!

I give up with you - you're beyond reason

I mean thats a lie.

"Only reason I would say Ten Hag is less of a risk is because he has at least taken Ajax to a CL semi final but he still would be a risk as the Eredivsie for all the top talent its produced and historic clubs the quality just isn't at the top 3 or 4 league's calibre."

Nuno showed at Wolves he is good but if we don't have any money to get a manager out of a club I would go for Daniel Farke

Yes has just been sacked from Norwich but has showed he can work with youth players, and get a team playing better than the sum of its parts

Norwich will go down due to lack of quality but think he would do ok here
He's also showed on two occasions that he can't manage in the Premier League.

Why is that?

Successful manager. Why on earth wouldn't he do better with more cash?
well, I don't think he's been successful for a long time now unless you rate the job he did at Newcastle which seems to have been similar to what Bruce did.
On the cash thing, maybe he'd do better but then again I fear for any manager with cash at Everton.

At the end of the day, the only manager there was almost unanimous approval for since Moyes left was Ancelotti and he's also the only one that wasn't fired.
If the club do get rid of Rafael, they need to appoint an interim manager and gauge the fan reaction to possible long term candidates.
No one manager will be as popular as the Ancelotti appointment but there'll be clear favorites like Galtier last time round.

The club needs to try and bring the fans back together behind a manager. In order to do that, they need to listen to the fans (and maybe the DoF!, if not, get rid)

Status
Not open for further replies.