2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone did

Would you seriously trust Benitez and Brands to spend money sensibly even if we had more?

Brands defo no.

Benitez, not sure, but who are you going to get in who would spend the 'no money' we have well?

Whoever comes in will have to work with these same players. We're not going to attract a great manager because we have no money to give him.

We have 2 of our first 11 and 2 subs out tomorrow. That is normal in football and par for the course.

It's an excuse that no side with a winning culture would dream of using

And when was the last time we had a winning culture, 1995?

I'm not sure what world you guys are living on. We have next to no money and haven't won anything for ages.

If Benitez goes we will have to task a massive risk, most likely on a relatively unknown manager or a very experienced manager who justs want to top up his pension fund.

And when was the last time we had a winning culture, 1995?

A long time ago.

But it's not going to get better when people think it's a valid excuse. You are just enabling the losing mentality by saying results don't matter because we had players out. The idea we can only judge a manager when they have a fully fit squad is laughable. Lots of managers don't get 1 game a season without a player unavailable.

I'm a bit confused by posters now talking about Arsenal as if they're the invincibles of 20 years ago and not a midtable team that finished 2 points above us last season and has lost 4 times already this season. I expect us to lose to them next week because we are completely useless not because they're too good. If we're just writing off home games against average teams as unwinnable now then things are even worse than I thought.
They finished 2 points above us but we have since replaced all our players with farmers and plumbers who have never played football apparently. (I may be exaggerating slightly but apparently our mid table capable squad is now league 1 standard according to some).

A long time ago.

But it's not going to get better when people think it's a valid excuse. You are just enabling the losing mentality by saying results don't matter because we had players out. The idea we can only judge a manager when they have a fully fit squad is laughable. Lots of managers don't get 1 game a season without a player unavailable.

No, I am just realistic, we have no money.

Results do matter but should be put in context. I actually agree atm that Benitiez should be under pressure because of some of the choices he's making but I've yet to see a realistic call for who we'd get in to replace him who would be a safer bet.

How many points you get in any season is relative to the strength of the other teams in that league, so comparing point for point totals isn't always accurate.

Getting a high points total when the bottom half of the table is heavily outclassed by the top half doesn't mean so much as all the top half clubs got high points totals. Where you finish is the only accurate measure of how a team has performed.

You're the one who's biased.
I'm biased because I want to use the entire data set available? OK mate.

A long time ago.

Who has said we can only judge him when he has a fully fit squad?

I don't recall anyone saying that. Maybe judge him when he only has 1 or 2 injuries might be closer to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.