2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

If we were to think of it logically, I think Brands should go before Benitez.

Benitez is unpopular, yes, but he has not been given the correct backing in the transfer market. Injuries hit our squad terribly this season. Did Benitez make mistakes in our 6 winless runs? Yes, he did. But we have a poor squad that the manager assessed to be not good enough - not just Benitez, Carlo as well. Benitez is unable to bring the best out of this lot, and I would argue neither did Carlo towards the end of last season.

I think Brands should be held responsible. He often left transfer dealing to deadline day and forces the hands of the manager to accept his agenda. He has not strengthen the recruitment policy neither gave any sense of direction to where the club is heading. He is our biggest problem at the moment.

The thing about Benitez is while he did well at the rs, he was pretty lucky. He won 2 trophies on penalties, it was only Shevchenkos missing a sitter, that lead them to winning the champions league. Plus they got a last minute goal against West Ham, that won got them to penalties. Other than that what did he did he do? He only got them into Europe in 2008, because of bad refereeing decisions against us. He also failed to win the league in 2009, when they drew at home to Stoke, Man City, Hull, Fulham, Arsenal and West Ham, all games they should of won. He didn't do that well in domestic competitions either, plus he was the first manager who pretty much just threw games, because he wasn't interested in them. Let's be honest, without Gerrard and Torres they would of struggled to make the top 4.

The thing about Benitez is while he did well at the rs, he was pretty lucky. He won 2 trophies on penalties, it was only Shevchenkos missing a sitter, that lead them to winning the champions league. Plus they got a last minute goal against West Ham, that won got them to penalties. Other than that what did he did he do? He only got them into Europe in 2008, because of bad refereeing decisions against us. He also failed to win the league in 2009, when they drew at home to Stoke, Man City, Hull, Fulham, Arsenal and West Ham, all games they should of won. He didn't do that well in domestic competitions either, plus he was the first manager who pretty much just threw games, because he wasn't interested in them. Let's be honest, without Gerrard and Torres they would of struggled to make the top 4.

Im not going to 'defend' him but...

He won the champions league no matter what spin you choose to put on it.

Saying he would have struggled for top 4 without Gerrard/Torres is the same as saying any top side would struggle for top 4 without their 2 best players.

In terms of Everton we would probably struggle for top 6 with injuries but were actually struggling to do anything more than 20th in form.

Thats what makes him a bad manager.

Injuries injuries injuries is all we keep hearing from the Benitez apologists. ffs every team has injuries. A managers job is to deal with that, and get the best out of the players at his disposal regardless. This manager is failing dismally to do that. A lot of the players in that squad aren't for purpose. Of that there's no doubt.

But neither is the manager. It's not a case of picking one over the other. We need to change manager, and then look at clearing out the wasters in January and the summer. There's no point sticking with a manager, when it's blatantly obvious that he's the wrong man for the job.

Everton are a multi million pound business who dont give a toss about you mate.

The owner doesn't give a toss about you

The board dont give a toss about you

The manager likely doesn't give a toss about you

The players certainly dont give a toss about you

I stopped treating football like it meant more than life and death the moment Covid hit and turned our world upside down.

I suggest others do the same as title winners or relegation battlers multi million pound Everton will still be going just fine mate I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over them.

My cousin still doesn't speak to me after I sacked her wedding day off over to go to an away game - if I could turn back the clock that ticket would have been lashed on stubhub if I knew what I know now.
Having been exposed to your consistent flatulence on here, I am of the opinion that your cousin not speaking to you has absolutely nothing to do with a wedding. x ?

May I suggest that as you don't care that you stop telling good blues who do care what they should think and aspire to. You might also want to stop calling good blues who are passionate about their club mean names.

Maybe one day your not caring will see you stop trying to pull Everton and good blues down 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we can all feel better about your zen like absence. ?

I came across this comment on facebook. Stop being negative and get behind Benitez. The person saying it was a red.lol At the end of the day, at Goodison tomorrow night, Benitez will be receiving a warmer reception from the rs fans, than what he'll receive from the Everton fans. Just end this silly and pathetic charade. Who else would we get these muppets say? Well i'd rather have Frank Spencer as manager than Benitez tbh!

Status
Not open for further replies.