2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

As usual, David, you are lying to suit your agenda (yes, the agenda you deny having). With one or two exceptions, everybody on here wants Everton to do well. We may disagree on what is the best way to achieve that.

Your insistence that Evertonians are celebrating Everton losses does your campaign no favours and makes you seem petty and small.
Not in the short term, not on Benitez.

Evertonians are known for their patience and their logic.

I don’t think there’ll be calls for Benitez to go at this stage. Yes we’re four places lower than we finished under the great Carlo Ancelotti last season, but most blues realise that you can’t be expected to achieve much when your best players are all injured for months on end. The injury situation has cleared up somewhat and against Brentford we were only missing our best defender (Mina) and our two best attackers Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin. But we were desperately unlucky. We had 61% of the possession, almost THREE TIMES as many shots on target as Brentford and we should have had at least two penalties.

The next two matches are crucial. If we cannot get results at home then we’re in trouble. I remember when we last won the league and the great Howard Kendall said something along the lines of “It was our home form that did it. How can you not win the overwhelming majority of your home games when you’re playing in front of these fans? They’re like a 12th fan. They encourage you from the first whistle to the last.”
You make some great points but I’m afraid you’re wrong if you think our fans are like a twelfth man these days.

This season I’ve seen a lot of our supporters turn against our own players. The support is not the same as it was under Kendall.

I actually agree that our players are giving their all.

You make some great points but I’m afraid you’re wrong if you think our fans are like a twelfth man these days.

This season I’ve seen a lot of our supporters turn against our own players. The support is not the same as it was under Kendall.

I actually agree that our players are giving their all.
Spot on this, remember after Bayern Munich scored, how the street end were sucking the ball into the net, with the modern fan base we have not a chance we win that game, soon as we went one down they would all be screaming away irrationally , Lukaku was onto it, i always though why towards the end when we scored he would barley celebrate with the fans but wouuld with someone else when they scored because he was happy for them.
The Park End are the worst for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.