Would you accept this strategy?

• Yes, but under a young progressive manager

• Yes, and I would be fine with this under Benitez

• No, I want to see immediate change

• I really don't care anymore / Cheese on toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This plan assumes Richarlison and DCL are happy to stick around whilst we’re in this current state.

Narrator: they aren’t.
Again it depends on the direction of travel. If they see we're building something they may stay. Currently we're appointing dinosaur managers looking for a payday with no plan. I wouldn't blame either of them for wanting to leave at the moment.

How do you expect us to rebuild the squad with virtually a zero spend. Young talented players don't exactly come cheap these days. Zero spend this summer might see us getting relegated despite knowing we needed a total rebuild. I think your plan may work in champ manager but not in the real world plus with these jokers in Charge not a chance.

You replied to your own post, was this meant for me?

The premise is quite straightforward. If we lose Sigurdsson, Delph, Tosun, Kenny, Lonergan at the end of the season then the wages out the door would be around £300k.

Thats £15.6mil a year out of the wage bill for those players.

If we took 50% £7.8mil and used that in transfer fees over 5 year contracts we could spend £39mil and offer £150k a week in wages.

So we could sign two young players for £19.5mil each and pay them both £75k a week for each of the next 5 years.

In addition we can also sell players and reinvest that money.

This plan assumes Richarlison and DCL are happy to stick around whilst we’re in this current state.

Narrator: they aren’t.

I actually stated in the post that if players dont extend then they are sold and the funds reinvested into the strategy.

Again it depends on the direction of travel. If they see we're building something they may stay. Currently we're appointing dinosaur managers looking for a payday with no plan. I wouldn't blame either of them for wanting to leave at the moment.

Certainly not how things are going.

If a progressive manager tries to pick up this squad they'll be gone faster than usual. The fanbase are speaking, crying about relegation so in will come another firefighter, exactly how we ended up with Allardyce. BFS was a manifestation of us and he was removed because of us but remember it's all the owners fault why years down the line the club is a basketcase.

I just don't care anymore, millionaire playboys won't turn up for anybody so what's the point. They can all gtfoh for me, it goes well beyond the manager situation, all that is doing is adding to the bs.

The powers that be couldn't care less what we ,the paying public,think.

I believe our owners are going down the Newcastle route of just staying in the PL is good enough.

We've spent/wasted money which would ruin many a country.

We do need to take backward steps to go forward, carry on like we are,the choices will be made.

The way I see it is either a new manager is needed (+ DoF combo) who's going to absolutely tear up the existing structure of the club and completely change the way players are developed at youth level, trained and managed at first team level.

But in order for that to happen you may as well nuke the entire club. Which is desperately needed.

Asked about Kenwright's visit to the training ground this week, Benitez said: “I would say I am talking with the chairman at least three times a week

Why?!?!!?!!! **** off and stop sticking your face in Kenwirght. You're a failure and have been for the entire period of your ownership and chairmanship.

Leave Brands and Benitez to work together.

Other than DCL, Richy, Pickford, Godfrey and Digne no one else we have will get decent money for.

If we're finishing between 10th and 15th we're not going to attract the players needed to push for higher players we'd just end up with another set of frauds we already have. Without a completely new structure and strategy we're not going to improve or develop younger players to get us there.

I guarantee you right now that if this stay the way they are that Ben Godfrey will be the exact same player as he is now in 3 seasons time.

It's not really about the results at the moment, other than needing enough to stay in the division. It's about the direction of travel. Currently we don't have a clear plan. We need a young coach with clear ideas.

We had that with Silva but it didn’t work and we were heading backwards. We have suffered from spending to much when we had Kidman and Walsh on garbage players with overblown salaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.