Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on today’s performance there is no way of hiding from the fact that this team is relegation fodder. It doesn’t matter how much money we have spent this team is an absolute joke. The way I saw it before today’s game, this was potentially our biggest game of the season to date. It was a must win game. Forget the Derby it’s always a big occasion for us to lose. This game today against Brentford was us playing one of the 3 teams that was potentially 1 of the 3 teams worse than us in the league that would mean we don’t get relegated, unfortunately they were better than us. What else is there to say?
They weren't though were they? The fact that they are so poor gives me hope we'll survive.

Have calmed down and reflected a bit. Can still safely say this is the worst Everton team Ive ever seen.
Agree.

Alan and Doucoure are very good, but so many piss poor players in this side, they just cannot plug all the holes.

When Richie and DCL don't play we are useless, and then those two and Gray are injured the squad players are just mind-numbingly shyte.

Today, Rondon, Iwobi beyond useless, and Townsend looked like a player we got on a free transfer.

Gordon was ok, Doucoure looked short of a run after the layoff, and Digne was rubbish, and Seamus just looked old and tired.

Really? I thought we looked clueless. We could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored. Brentford were dreadful and their keeper still didn't have a save to make. To be fair, I think we won on passing it out of play for no particular reason!
Yes really.

Their keeper saved against Rondon in the first half so he did have a save to make. Probably from the best chance of the game. Plus I reckon we should have had a pen. We had some decent chances I thought.

Really? I thought we looked clueless. We could still be playing now and we wouldn't have scored. Brentford were dreadful and their keeper still didn't have a save to make. To be fair, I think we won on passing it out of play for no particular reason!
We had plenty of possession in and around the box, gray put in 2 great balls that DCL or Richy wouldve got on the end of at least one. Townsend also put in a few in first half and we had no one in and around the 6 yard box.
Even the old bald eagle wouldve fancied his chances of getting on the end of one but benitez didnt change it.
To not go two up top and throw the kitchen sink is scandalous.

Imagine watching these last few games and blaming the manager instead of the managers who bought these players or the players themselves.

Our squad, top to bottom, is Bottom 5 in quality. And when you’re missing your two best attacking players and best defender, it just snowballs from there
I’d agree with every word you said if it wasn’t for the fact this man bought Rondon to the football club!

Watched the start of the game up to the point around the 30 min mark. Brentford had the ball at the back and Rondon and Iwobi were putting in the most piss poor attempt at pressing the defence. Brentford just pasted it around them in a couple of easy passes. It was pathetic, so I turned it off and help my son build a track to see which of his thomas the tank engine trackmasters were the quickest. Turns out it was busy bee james.

Yes really.

Their keeper saved against Rondon in the first half so he did have a save to make. Probably from the best chance of the game. Plus I reckon we should have had a pen. We had some decent chances I thought.
From that angle, the keeper should be saving that but agree we should have had a penalty but did you truly think we were going to score? Lots of passing across and back in front of them with them never having to break their shape. If we play like that against the RS or any of the upcoming games, we're getting battered. Cannot believe people are taking positives from that sh*tshow.

The Gordon to gray one was my favourite, still don't know how Gordon managed it

Status
Not open for further replies.