2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunc would be getting more points if we are honest. I said Benitez will be judged on results regardless of players out losing to Brentford isn't acceptable.

you don't?

dont even know how to respond to that tbh
I don’t think we where shocking either second half. Just obvious how much quality we are lacking upfront. We massively miss some creativity / composure in the final 3rd. People won’t admit it but we’ve missed Sigurdsson.

Dunc would be getting more points if we are honest. I said Benitez will be judged on results regardless of players out losing to Brentford isn't acceptable.

Brentford are a good side, they've got more than enough to stay up and at times today we looked far better than them.

That loss was down to him, so I agree that Dunc (or any manager) would have been more likely to win that simply because they'd have probably done something at 1-0.

you don't?

dont even know how to respond to that tbh
I'm just not that dramatic. That was the Brighton or the Leeds game but they got the penalty. With the exception of the last 15 minutes against Watford (I'm ignoring City because we just aren't really meant to compete with that) we've been the same team the whole season. But when you keep things tight little breaks go against you and you drop points. And then they go your way and you gain them. The luck will swing again (and DCL will come back) and it won't really change that we're bang average.

Big problems with injuries? Yes

Rondon 90 minutes at every opportunity and you`ve got Ellis Simms sat there who has scored goals at every level he has played...

He WANTS to relegate us, no one can convince me otherwise
I can’t agree with that about relegating us, but today looking at him he looked bit lost, we’ve had a fair few before having the same look but much further on in their managerial stint here, Koeman and Silva spring to mind and Martinez was a little the same. But for a moment think further back, no manger seems to be able to get a tune from these players, even Carlos struggled and we nearly always looked disjointed with him here, the problem is much deeper, but what actually is the answer? Currently my only answer is get Dunc back in to give them a kick up the back side it did work last time, for how long that would work who knows.

I wonder if Roman Abramovich was bored one day and thought, "I know I`ll get Everton to employ Benitez for the lol`s". Gets on the phone "Er Ussy, I`d go and get Benitez lad"

He has now sat back and watch the club implode

Status
Not open for further replies.