2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree its not going well - but my argument is who can make things any better?

Yes an Alladyce or Pulis could come in to "stabilise" us - but no one wants that 95% of our fans were made up when Alladyce went.

Calm heads and patience must prevail.
The season we appointed Allardyce many felt the threat of relegation was over-stated.

This season IS the season we need to be fighting, scrapping and grinding out results IMHO.

I agree its not going well - but my argument is who can make things any better?

Yes an Alladyce or Pulis could come in to "stabilise" us - but no one wants that 95% of our fans were made up when Alladyce went.

Calm heads and patience must prevail.

You’re crumbling now. Come Wednesday if we get the expected mauling you’ll be sneakily
shuffling over to our side. All will be forgiven mate.

Nothing we do makes any difference. Changing manager, changing players, no difference.

The best thing we could do is give up or change club.

…I didn’t want him here but I thought he’d be a decent coach. Accepting injuries to key players, I’m mystified by how he’s setting the team up with a pedestrian striker spearheading a team that’s supposed to effectively counter attack.

There must be reason he selects Rondon, so I went through the basics;

Is his back to goal hold up play good? No

Does he trouble defenders running the channels or running behind them? No

Does he dominate CBs with his physicality? No

Is he aerially dominant? No

Does he link play effectively? No

Does he provide a goal threat? No

Does he possess real quality in possession? No

Is he creating chances for teammates? No

Does he fit the Benitez team model? No

At his press conference Benitez said he prefers Rondon over other options because he’s experienced. Amazed he didn’t even bring a youngster on for those last 20mins, I’d have really fancied them to get on them end of one of those crosses from Gray.

Benitez is accountable for this slide, it’s only a few posters who continue to absolve him of any blame & one of those can’t be treated as a serious Evertonian as he’s not bothered if we get relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.