Match Thread Brentford v Everton. Sun 28th November. 2pm

Everton Man Of The Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it me or is Allan's name on his shirt printed wonky?

Like it's not central it's starts further towards the right.

Iwobi truly is one of the laziest players I’ve ever seen. Right up there with Siggurdson

Siggurdson has some quality and end product though.

1638110207473.png

Lost count of the amount of bad passes, bad decision making, bad control. Simple things made difficult all over the pitch. Really not professional. I'm starting to put this down to lack of footballing intelligence. And I dont think you can train stupidity out of this some players.

People complain about rudimentary football, but seriously does anyone think these players could do anything else? They can’t pass, they can’t control, they don’t jump for set pieces, they do stupid things all the time. Imagine trying to ask them to do anything complicated.

No it's not at all.

Carloball was actually effective. It was crap and he couldn't get out of it towards the end of the season, that's on him, and he didn't know how to get this standard of players playing footy again.

But, Benitez has 100% made it worse. There is no organisation, no tactical flexibility, he is insisting on 4-4-1-1, he is insisting on crossing to nobody and hoofing up to Rondon.

Yeah, the players are poor, but they're being managed awfully.
It's the job of the coach to, believe it or not, coach the players. This Brentford side doesn't have better players. It has a better coach and a better plan. To say "the players are crap what's the manager supposed to do?" Is an absolute cop out. Ancelotti had these challenging for Europe.

Lost count of the amount of bad passes, bad decision making, bad control. Simple things made difficult all over the pitch. Really not professional. I'm starting to put this down to lack of footballing intelligence. And I dont think you can train stupidity out of this some players.
Rafael needed to make an example there. Passes 3 or 4 yards off when not pressed is not acceptable and the norm at everton. Sloppy play is acceptable and commonplace with us

I thought those fans in the away end who could barely watch because the sun in their eyes were the luckiest of us, then the clouds come out for them. Cursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.