2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri is a successful idiot. In this case, thank the stars, he can't afford to get rid. When the 1st team are back we will be OK but we need several smart signings to boost this squad. FFP will dictate when.

This is payback for all the errors since Moshiri took over. Can't knock his committment but he is stupid when it comes to spending and signing the right staff. He has no choice but to stick with Benitez, fortunately he will show he was the right man in time.
Moshiri has definitely made error after error with staff, but if there's another 5/6 defeats in a row and it comes down to the simple math of cost of sacking Benetiz and FFP fines or the cost of his £500m investment heading towards the Championship, Moshiri will act. He'll have to. No manager expense or FFP "rule" is going to get in the away of ensuring his asset remains a Premier League one, even if you need to sell players to cover it.

Moshiri has definitely made error after error with staff, but if there's another 5/6 defeats in a row and it comes down to the simple math of cost of sacking Benetiz and FFP fines or the cost of his £500m investment heading towards the Championship, Moshiri will act. He'll have to. No manager expense or FFP "rule" is going to get in the away of ensuring his asset remains a Premier League one, even if you need to sell players to cover it.
It isn't that simple though, every managerial appointment is a gamble. If we continually keep rolling the dice and throwing good money after bad then surely that makes relegation more likely in the long run.

The last thing we need is Moshiri making yet another knee-jerk reaction and then giving another short term appointment the opportunity to weigh us down with the next load of deadwood players. We need a joined up plan. That involves a progressive coach and young hungry players that want to achieve things.

I said from the start that we should never of appointed Benitez. However, if we sack him then Moshiri will almost certainly go for a so-called safe pair of hands, AKA football dinosaur. The new manager will then go for established players more interested in money than actually achieving things at Everton.

We need to break the cycle and that means a complete shake up of the club and not yet another short term appointment. We don't need another Allardyce who wasted £40m+ on Tosun and Walcott, players that hung around like a bad smell draining funds from the club.

It isn't that simple though, every managerial appointment is a gamble. If we continually keep rolling the dice and throwing good money after bad then surely that makes relegation more likely in the long run.

The last thing we need is Moshiri making yet another knee-jerk reaction and then giving another short term appointment the opportunity to weigh us down with the next load of deadwood players. We need a joined up plan. That involves a progressive coach and young hungry players that want to achieve things.

I said from the start that we should never of appointed Benitez. However, if we sack him then Moshiri will almost certainly go for a so-called safe pair of hands, AKA football dinosaur. The new manager will then go for established players more interested in money than actually achieving things at Everton.

We need to break the cycle and that means a complete shake up of the club and not yet another short term appointment. We don't need another Allardyce who wasted £40m+ on Tosun and Walcott, players that hung around like a bad smell draining funds from the club.
Yup, agree with most of that. I certainly want to see a progressive coach and young hungry players, as we don't have either. I see it from the point of view that Moshiri put Koeman on an absolute wedge, paid big to get him out of Saints but wasn't afraid to boot him when there was a threat to the bigger investment, hence why I think the same thinking will apply here. If December's results are losses and Rafael goes, Moshiri may well be thinking the short n simple answer is give it to fan's favourite Big Dunc, he'll do anything for the club, everyone will get behind him and if that doesn't work, roll the dice again if needs be. Not to act and risk all that investment go into the second tier perhaps never to return is a big gamble too. Squeaky bum time for Mosh-man.

it's part of my job to analyse other teams mate. In fact I do that, and a lot of other teams across a lot of other sports.

It's part of the people at Everton's job too. They don't seem to do it very well.

My 4 managerial choices to replace Ancelotti were Ten Hag, Amorim, Gallardo and Potter.

Thats based around their ability to build teams and play attractive successful attacking football and be greater than the sum of their parts.

What other managers who are 'up and coming' would you throw in the hat to replace Benitez?

My 4 managerial choices to replace Ancelotti were Ten Hag, Amorim, Gallardo and Potter.

Thats based around their ability to build teams and play attractive successful attacking football and be greater than the sum of their parts.

What other managers who are 'up and coming' would you throw in the hat to replace Benitez?
Oh. So you want to sack a 1 win in 9 matches manager with the last win in Sep for another 1 win in 9 matches manager who's last win in Sep including matches where they could not beat the second last team, Newcastle and bottom placed team, Norwich? Sound strategy. How many seasons is your FM save currently at?

Oh. So you want to sack a 1 win in 9 matches manager with the last win in Sep for another 1 win in 9 matches manager who's last win in Sep including matches where they could not beat the second last team, Newcastle and bottom placed team, Norwich? Sound strategy. How many seasons is your FM save currently at?

Hello, Im not sure if English is your first language?

Perhaps you should focus on at least understanding the first paragraph before responding?

Lets not butcher the English language.

That has been the trend in the past, Moshiri pulls the trigger when the team is in danger of relegation threat by Christmas. But, would it be the same for Benitez? I would say Benitez will make a point to Moshiri that he didn't have the same financial backing but managed to recruit cheap yet effective (not great but good) and the injury record. At least, that would be what I would point out if I was in danger of getting sacked.

And if we view it in a objective point of view (not the fact Benitez is ex-Red), those are fair points. And if Moshiri sacks him, what message does it send to potential candidates? It will deter away any young and hungry managers some of the fans hoped for.

Hello, Im not sure if English is your first language?

Perhaps you should focus on at least understanding the first paragraph before responding?

Lets not butcher the English language.
Your first paragraph stated your choice of managers to replace Benitez. Am I misunderstanding something or is assuming English is not my first language your form of an insult? It is btw.

Your first paragraph stated your choice of managers to replace Benitez. Am I misunderstanding something or is assuming English is not my first language your form of an insult? It is btw.

How do you distinguish between the names 'Ancelotti' and 'Benitez' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.