2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defeat or point against Brentford followed 3 days later by what everyone is expecting, a humiliation and the board wil have no option to sack him. Imagine GP when we go 3 down and their fans screaming Benitez name. Sickening thought

They won't. The everyday fan will see the side we put out against Brentford and know the score, and we've been smashed by Liverpool Reserves over the years with full strength squads.

You're going to be disappointed I'm afraid. It's going to get toxic in the short term, but our best chance at points from now until Newcastle at home 30 December are all away from home fortunately.

They won't. The everyday fan will see the side we put out against Brentford and know the score, and we've been smashed by Liverpool Reserves over the years with full strength squads.

You're going to be disappointed I'm afraid. It's going to get toxic in the short term, but our best chance at points from now until Newcastle at home 30 December are all away from home fortunately.

Not a chance. No win in the next 2 games would make 1 win in 11 and out of the cup to lower league oppo. in what universe regardless of your attitude to the manager do they survive that. Moshiri would be playing a very dangerous game

Totally agree with that. But it's not as simple because the problem is...what if Doucoure and Allan aren't fit, who do you play and feel that would work? Delph can only last 60mins. The only midfielders we know 100% are fit are Onyango and Gbammin. So if the starting 3 are Delph, Onyango, Gbammin, we that confident?

What you're saying works well to go to Brentford to be very defensive and try to stop them which in turn will cause some to get upset about being defensive minded against a newly promoted side. On top of that...there's not one midfielder there who can play a forward pass or an attacker that can link midfield to attack. We'd be still set up to counter attack so the onus is on getting Gordon, Townsend, or Iwobi or deliver on that when it happens.

We played in a 3 under Carlo with a pragmatic, defensive style away from home which was about being without the ball because we couldn't keep hold of it but for the most part snatched a goal when we could (mainly Dom, Richy, Siggy or James none of which we currently have).

Overall I think it's fair to say it'll be difficult where as some think on here we should still slap these about.

If Doucoure and Allan aren't fit - which I agree is a possibility - you ultimately still have a week to prepare. If that means a week of drilling Gbamin and Onyango then so be it mate. Yes the confidence wouldn't be as much but you're still going with that system, that plan of attack so to speak, but with poorer players, granted. It's about numerical superiority first and foremost. Get a platform, build from there. 100%

You are also right about being defensive. Now it's why I'd play an unknown quantity up top. If that's Simms, so be it, give Brentford something to worry about because we've seen Rondon can't do it. However, if it has to be Rondon, have the plan that he either comes off or is helped out by bringing Simms on on the hour.

I get that we don't know exactly who we will have fit for Brentford yet and even if Doucoure comes back it's still a weakened team.

That being said, there's currently 7 Brentford first teamers out too. Three are definites, four are doubtful. So we aren't playing a full-strength Brentford team whatever happens.

Not a chance. No win in the next 2 games would make 1 win in 11 and out of the cup to lower league oppo. in what universe regardless of your attitude to the manager do they survive that. Moshiri would be playing a very dangerous game
I would love to believe that but this is the man who appointed the bell in the first place .
Don't forget he's probably fed up with sacking managers and more than fed up with us lot .
We are entitled to be fed up because of their appalling run of results and his dull antiquated tactics but this isn't a democracy .
I hate him and if he does lose the next two he deserves to go and manage in Russia or Turkey and leave us the F alone.
I have stated many times that he will go in the next fortnight but more I think about it , more I think Mosh is going the be a [Poor language removed] about this . He may even throw Brands to the wolves before he punts the big Iberian idiot .

Moshiri is a successful idiot. In this case, thank the stars, he can't afford to get rid. When the 1st team are back we will be OK but we need several smart signings to boost this squad. FFP will dictate when.

This is payback for all the errors since Moshiri took over. Can't knock his committment but he is stupid when it comes to spending and signing the right staff. He has no choice but to stick with Benitez, fortunately he will show he was the right man in time.

I get that we don't know exactly who we will have fit for Brentford yet and even if Doucoure comes back it's still a weakened team.

That being said, there's currently 7 Brentford first teamers out too. Three are definites, four are doubtful. So we aren't playing a full-strength Brentford team whatever happens.
The fact you are analysing BRENTFORD shows the mess Moshiri has created.

Moshiri is a successful idiot. In this case, thank the stars, he can't afford to get rid. When the 1st team are back we will be OK but we need several smart signings to boost this squad. FFP will dictate when.

This is payback for all the errors since Moshiri took over. Can't knock his committment but he is stupid when it comes to spending and signing the right staff. He has no choice but to stick with Benitez, fortunately he will show he was the right man in time.

Based on what? We have played terrible all season , pre injuries. They got booed first game

He will probably stick with him but I can very confidently say he will never be the right man .
He's a total dullard as a man manager and tactician .
He will prove that he won't be able to work with a fully fit squad on a consistent level. I'm more sure about that than I am that Mosh will bite the bullet over the slimey Spaniard .

He will probably stick with him but I can very confidently say he will never be the right man .
He's a total dullard as a man manager and tactician .
He will prove that he won't be able to work with a fully fit squad on a consistent level. I'm more sure about that than I am that Mosh will bite the bullet over the slimey Spaniard .
Will see. Someone has to be eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.