2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have 8-9 players out?

Away from that, yes the derby in isolation is not a must win for any manager or Benitez.

But it's not in isolation. We've currently won 1 in 9. If that's 2 in 10 by the time the derby comes around, and let's hope it is, it's still awful but he might have bought himself some much-needed time/leeway. Because the panic buttons will not be far away from being pressed and rightly so. Any manager would be under pressure after such a run.

DCL
Richarlison (available for RS)
Doucoure
Mina
Gray
Gomes
Davies
Holgate (available for RS)
Allan (if rumours are true)

9 not available for Brentford as it stands and potentially 7 for the RS.

DCL
Richarlison (available for RS)
Doucoure
Mina
Gray
Gomes
Davies
Holgate (available for RS)
Allan (if rumours are true)

9 not available for Brentford as it stands and potentially 7 for the RS.

Fair enough, I forgot about Holgate, given he's played 8 minutes in the last two months and that was when he was ridiculously brought on in midfield against Spurs.

Mina is in line to play vs Brentford I think. If he isn't, after he's been training for 2 weeks, then I think this new rehab coach is as useless as the others. God knows what's happened with Gomes, too, he started training before the international break.

I like how you conveniently egnore Liverpool had a few injuries in this game and were on a poor run of about 5 straight defeats at home whereas now they are flying.

Also may I ask whats our derby record of the last 10 years?
Liverpool had one injury last season mate. Already been discussed.

Fair enough, I forgot about Holgate, given he's played 8 minutes in the last two months and that was when he was ridiculously brought on in midfield against Spurs.

Mina is in line to play vs Brentford I think. If he isn't, after he's been training for 2 weeks, then I think this new rehab coach is as useless as the others. God knows what's happened with Gomes, too, he started training before the international break.

Until we get DCL and Doucoure back in particular people can forget expecting results - its more hopeful and it would be the same under most managers.

People say "worra bout Carlo" but Ancelotti whilst I wasn't impressed with him is still a top quality manager - a top quality manager we can no longer attract as it stands with our FFP situation.

Sit back, relax and try not let Everton ruin your weekends is my advice.

Until we get DCL and Doucoure back in particular people can forget expecting results - its more hopeful and it would be the same under most managers.

People say "worra bout Carlo" but Ancelotti whilst I wasn't impressed with him is still a top quality manager - a top quality manager we can no longer attract as it stands with our FFP situation.

Jesus Christ

We play Brentford this weekend who have half of their starting team out. Get off it lad.

We're lumping far too much pressure on those players getting back and staying fit.

Dom is unlikely to be anything like himself too.

Jesus Christ

We play Brentford this weekend who have half of their starting team out. Get off it lad.

We're lumping far too much pressure on those players getting back and staying fit.

Speaking of Brentford, we need to shoot and put crosses in as much as possible. I don't think this back up Brentford keeper is any good.

Jesus Christ

Which would mean a £70+ million asset ruined by injury leaving us with no decent CF.

Another reason ultimately to accept the manager has been dealt a tough hand.

Absolutely disgusting post

Looks like the Brentford presser is today, 14.30.

Guess we'll know more about the Allan situation there.

If Allan is injured as well we honestly may as well just fold the club. Davies and Delph against two high pressing teams next. We all know how this ends.

A key requirement of any football team is to put out 11 players. Everton are struggling to keep any player fit at any level of the club. Even our youth players got absolutely decimated last season with long term injuries. Even our players on loan get crocked, and now the first team players are just dropping like flies every single match.

Something is badly badly wrong at the club.

Last year when we won the derby, Dom wasn't fully fit and was on the bench, Allan was only fit enough for the bench after nearly 3 months out. We played Godfrey as like a weird left-back/centre-back and same with Holgate on the other side. We had James up front with Richarlison, and we had Doucoure and Davies in midfield. Our wingers were Coleman and Gomes with Digne kind of as a full-back.

We had no Mina.

For the derby we could have back Dom (on the bench possibly, so same as February) and Doucoure. Let's say the Allan rumours aren't true, for now, and we'd have Richarlison back from suspension and Mina likely back too.

What are these 8/9 injuries anyway?

Davies, Gomes, Gray, Doucoure, DCL, Mina?

That's six. Richarlison is suspended.

Mention 1 win in 9 (including cup games lol)

Implies we should win the derby as we won the last one with injuries.

Completely ignores the fact we've won 1 in the last 24 derbies.

You haters are so 'fair'.

He's had 1.7m to spend, had tons of injuries and started with a crap squad.

You're normally a reasoned, sane poster but you're just become a part of the witchhunt.

Mention 1 win in 9 (including cup games lol)

Implies we should win the derby as we won the last one with injuries.

Completely ignores the fact we've won 1 in the last 24 derbies.

You haters are so 'fair'.

He's had 1.7m to spend, had tons of injuries and started with a crap squad.

You're normally a reasoned, sane poster but you're just become a part of the witchhunt.

The 1 win in 9 is a factually correct statistic, whether people like it or not. 2 wins out of 10 is factually correct too, so people are more than entitled to use it if they want. Neither is a statistic I like or that has any ounce of respectability though.

Why is Benitez being held to different standards by certain posters than all our previous managers under Moshiri? Why are expectations being allowed to fall to rock bottom?

Any wonder the club is in a mess when 2 points in 18 isn't seen as something to worry about.

They're not crazy. They know what they're demanding is impossible to achieve with what we have.

They're single-minded and driven. It wont stop until Benitez is out the door.

This is a takedown. It's not about analysing what's gone wrong and what we need to do to fix it; it's about presenting everything as a crisis. Upcoming derby - a crisis; next run of games up to Christmas - a crisis if they keep Benitez; keep Benitez into the new year - the crisis of a relegation fight.

This isn't about football, it's about about what a handful of people demand to be the club's identity, because 'they feel it more than the rest of us'. In other words it's elitist and purist and their self-importance is nauseating to the vast majority of Evertonians.

110% true.

Most of the haters know they're chatting absolute garbage.

It's funny watching them trying to take themselves seriously. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.