Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted Potter

I would go for Lampard now in the likely scenario we can't get Potter

The same Potter who has only won 1 in his last 7 games?

So if he was our manager not a sizable bunch of Evertonians would be calling for his head with that record?

This is the problem unless you're a top side you have good and bad runs. We won 1 in 8 last season under one of the greatest managers of all time.

Our fanbase has no patience anymore - if we appoint Potterball I give it 18 months tops before he's no longer the "right" appointment and it'll be some other young progressive flavour of the month who has a Brighton/Watford/Palace type club playing decent football.

Viera will be the next big thing we need to go for once Potter cant turn Alex Iwobi into a competent footballer.

Who is the right appointment?

Was the world class Ancelotti the right appointment?

The upcoming progressive Silva?

The experienced Koeman who had Southampton in the top 6?

The FA Cup winning Martinez?

WAKE UP there is no "right" or "wrong" appointment we are just crap - we've tried every type/style of manager and the end result has always been the same.

We're becoming another Watford "oh look ANOTHER wrong appointment, who would have thought eh? SACK SACK SACK!!!"
I think you're just proving that we are very very very bad at choosing managers.

But why is that a surprise? Everything else appears to suffer from inverse midas syndrome (Everything seems to turn to poop), so bad recruitment and management at all levels combining = crap storm.

It's less the availability of managers, we just make baffling choices. And wave good money at bad.

There's a seperate thread on how much we pay managers, I think. I feel like we've put ourselves over a barrel by paying an awful lot to certain managers which, some may disagree, sets a level of expectation and maybe puts us in a weird negotiating position. Having said that, I'd walk from a lot of them and find someone else. Koeman and Allardyce for a start.

The same Potter who has only won 1 in his last 7 games?

So if he was our manager not a sizable bunch of Evertonians would be calling for his head with that record?

This is the problem unless you're a top side you have good and bad runs. We won 1 in 8 last season under one of the greatest managers of all time.

Our fanbase has no patience anymore - if we appoint Potterball I give it 18 months tops before he's no longer the "right" appointment and it'll be some other young progressive flavour of the month who has a Brighton/Watford/Palace type club playing decent football.

Viera will be the next big thing we need to go for once Potter cant turn Alex Iwobi into a competent footballer.

Some would, because some are never happy. But it would be a very small minority, and it would be framed very differently. When you appoint a young manager with the possibility of a high upside, then people are more inclined to have objectivity and see the bigger picture.

What is the bigger picture at the minute? Stay up? Is that it?

I won't ever support such a pathetic weak objective.

Who is the right appointment?

Was the world class Ancelotti the right appointment?

The upcoming progressive Silva?

The experienced Koeman who had Southampton in the top 6?

The FA Cup winning Martinez?

WAKE UP there is no "right" or "wrong" appointment we are just crap - we've tried every type/style of manager and the end result has always been the same.

We're becoming another Watford "oh look ANOTHER wrong appointment, who would have thought eh? SACK SACK SACK!!!"
It’s the operating model. Before Moshiri came in we had Moyes in total control of footballing decisions and then it was up to Kenwright and the circus to negotiate the financial aspects of transfers. Okay it had major drawbacks in terms of the fact we were skint but we got VFM for players in the main.

Now the whole setup is all over the place with Kenwright, DoF, Moshiri and the manager all wanting their 2ps worth. Whichever manager comes in is almost set up to fail.

Look at the facts............loads of managers out there. How many of those managers would have accepted a job at a mid-table team who has to tell them that they have minimal money to spend and go with what players we have. Not very enticing is it? The only enticing thing would be the wage packet and our last world class manager who had money couldn't do much with what he inherited.
We will not get relegated but we are in a mess due to an unthought spending spree. We are in a mess and injuries do not help the matter.

It’s the operating model. Before Moshiri came in we had Moyes in total control of footballing decisions and then it was up to Kenwright and the circus to negotiate the financial aspects of transfers. Okay it had major drawbacks in terms of the fact we were skint but we got VFM for players in the main.

Now the whole setup is all over the place with Kenwright, DoF, Moshiri and the manager all wanting their 2ps worth. Whichever manager comes in is almost set up to fail.
If kenwright didn't get so lucky in finding Moyes and got megson or whoever he had his wet teary eye on, this manager merry go round would have not stopped from 2001 onwards.

If anything the way we are ran as a business this was bound to happen, for a club and enterprise that has been around so long we really are wet behind the ears in a lot of aspects.

Keeping the fans united was one of the only things this club was good at and now that's out the window like a fart in the wind. Until we are all behind the club and manager the players won't change and neither will success.

Look at the facts............loads of managers out there. How many of those managers would have accepted a job at a mid-table team who has to tell them that they have minimal money to spend and go with what players we have. Not very enticing is it? The only enticing thing would be the wage packet and our last world class manager who had money couldn't do much with what he inherited.
We will not get relegated but we are in a mess due to an unthought spending spree. We are in a mess and injuries do not help the matter.
Plenty of managers would come to Everton. It’s a big club and the job is well paid. We wouldn’t get a world class manager for sure but plenty of decent managers would be interested.

Fully agree we are in a complete mess.

If kenwright didn't get so lucky in finding Moyes and got megson or whoever he had his wet teary eye on, this manager merry go round would have not stopped from 2001 onwards.

If anything the way we are ran as a business this was bound to happen, for a club and enterprise that has been around so long we really are wet behind the ears in a lot of aspects.

Keeping the fans united was one of the only things this club was good at and now that's out the window like a fart in the wind. Until we are all behind the club and manager the players won't change and neither will success.
Yeah it was Moyes who held the place together for sure. I think if they want the DoF model to work they have to delegate authority to brands and leave it there. Or alternatively give the manager control of recruitment etc. Doesn’t seem likely with these clowns though.

How do we as fans combat the inadequacies of the board then instead of being anti or pro this manager? We can't get rid of Moshiri or the board ourselves: therefore the frustration of the fans is directed solely at the manager and/or players.
Injuries are obviously a factor but who's to say that the return of DCL etc will change the situation overnight? Do we even know when they will be back?
If we are not careful, then the perfect storm awaits, Benitez or no Benitez.
In the end how do the fans halt the malaise affecting our club from Moshiri down?
That is the debate we should be having imo

Spot on, I don't know how we stop it but it's getting to a point were we're gonna have to try.

259765168_2914982008815042_1330363429098649250_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.