Everton Youth Teams Thread

It isn't Everton alone that has a problem getting young players to commit to long contracts.
It is difficult for players to break into premiership teams , they can get very good contracts by moving to lesser clubs and get to play more football as well.

Yep players seem to be a bit more switched on now. Livramemto, Lamptey, Sancho, Young lad Cho we had playing every week in france. City youngster McAtee wont sign new deal, Small left us.

Dont blame them really especially if good clubs playing in decent leagues are promising first team football.

We could do with capitalising on that really and going for these young lads. Livramento would have been brilliant for us at £5m

I watched our u16 Ishe Samuels-Smith playing for England u16 v France on YouTube this afternoon . They won 3-2 today , won all three games in the tournament and it looks like he played in all the games. The bits I’ve seen of him previously have been as a left back , bombing forward for the u18s , although he had 3 on his back he was actually playing left centre- back today. He was very composed , playing the ball out from the back with calmness , tackling well and was really never troubled. He looked bigger than I remember, maybe because they were all u16, and he’s a decent size , the other CB was bigger. Smaller than Welch at the same age I’d say but more powerfully built. Always difficult to predict things at 15 but really he did all that was asked of him today , it’ll be good to see more of him at u18 this season.

The best player on the pitch was a kid from Leeds , Archie Gray , who controlled the midfield , he looks quite a prospect with the same caveat regarding his age of course.

I watched our u16 Ishe Samuels-Smith playing for England u16 v France on YouTube this afternoon . They won 3-2 today , won all three games in the tournament and it looks like he played in all the games. The bits I’ve seen of him previously have been as a left back , bombing forward for the u18s , although he had 3 on his back he was actually playing left centre- back today. He was very composed , playing the ball out from the back with calmness , tackling well and was really never troubled. He looked bigger than I remember, maybe because they were all u16, and he’s a decent size , the other CB was bigger. Smaller than Welch at the same age I’d say but more powerfully built. Always difficult to predict things at 15 but really he did all that was asked of him today , it’ll be good to see more of him at u18 this season.

The best player on the pitch was a kid from Leeds , Archie Gray , who controlled the midfield , he looks quite a prospect with the same caveat regarding his age of course.
I think the Leeds lad is related to Eddie Gray and the lad who played for them in the 90s. Andy Gray I think it was.

They don't want to be.

I think people underestimate how much of a mess Everton is in and how badly regarded the whole setup is now.

Not saying it can't be changed, and I actually believe Everton has a great opportunity to be seen as the place for the best youngsters to sign as we basically have nobody under 24 playing regularly.

But they need to first acknowledge the issue, then get a plan in place quickly because Villa, Brighton etc are cleaning up in those markets and have a much more convincing offering.

Just to play devils advocate here though mate, but we have:
Godfrey, Holgate, DCL, Davies and Richarlison in the team currently in that age group. Lots of other lads have made debuts too. More so than those other clubs. Why are they regarded as so far ahead?

I'm reading something from Blackpool saying their first team (?) are taking on an Everton side tonight in the Lancashire Senior Cup, Quarter-Final. Before Covid, we usually had the U-18s playing these games. I assume it's at Finch Farm but The Gazette say it's behind closed doors, with no kick-off time given.

I'm reading something from Blackpool saying their first team (?) are taking on an Everton side tonight in the Lancashire Senior Cup, Quarter-Final. Before Covid, we usually had the U-18s playing these games. I assume it's at Finch Farm but The Gazette say it's behind closed doors, with no kick-off time given.
We’ve never said much about these games in recent years , often it’s a very young side. Pre Covid we had a bunch of schoolboys playing against City ofLiverpool , think it was LiverpoolSenior Cup that time, lost 2-0.
Apparently Reece Welch has been called up to England u20s , haven’t seen anything official yet though.

We’ve never said much about these games in recent years , often it’s a very young side. Pre Covid we had a bunch of schoolboys playing against City ofLiverpool , think it was LiverpoolSenior Cup that time, lost 2-0.
Apparently Reece Welch has been called up to England u20s , haven’t seen anything official yet though.

hes posted a video couple of days ago with the squad

Just to play devils advocate here though mate, but we have:
Godfrey, Holgate, DCL, Davies and Richarlison in the team currently in that age group. Lots of other lads have made debuts too. More so than those other clubs. Why are they regarded as so far ahead?

Just looking at the prospects that have come through into the first team squad from the youth team. Other clubs seem to have better prospects and more of them.

Cant tell with the Dobbin/Onyango crop yet of course.

If were behind other clubs like Spurs, United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal in terms of revenue then we need to be pushing through a few top quality prospects (or one 'star') into our squad to bridge the gap that way.

Just looking at the prospects that have come through into the first team squad from the youth team. Other clubs seem to have better prospects and more of them.

If were behind other clubs like Spurs, United, City, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal in terms of revenue then we need to be pushing through a few top quality prospects (or one 'star') into our squad to bridge the gap that way.

We don't have them.

….as @Nymzee says, the quality has to be there. I’m a believer that if they are truly good enough they will come through, so if the conveyer belt has stuck it suggests recruitment is the issue (and there are reasons why recruitment is increasingly difficult).