2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When does Benitez become responsible for losses? Or are we just going to keeping hearing all this "£1.7m laa" "Keane though" etc, etc.

Benitez is responsible for losses now.

However, he has been dealt a poor hand with injury after injury, there isn't a manager/coach anywhere could have done more with poor squad depth.

It's some of the poor decisions he's making as manager that will trip him up I fear

Also, obviously the 1.7 m is a factor, paying now for years of bad board decisions

When does Benitez become responsible for losses? Or are we just going to keeping hearing all this "£1.7m laa" "Keane though" etc, etc.

I'm happy to say that he was culpable in that Watford game with the subs made

I think every game is different

By and large I don't think you can point the finger at him too many times this season

Sadly though this is the internet where there is zero balance and no middle ground

Either it's always his fault or it never is depending on what camp you sit in

However, he has been dealt a poor hand with injury after injury, there isn't a manager/coach anywhere could have done more with poor squad depth.

It's some of the poor decisions he's making as manager that will trip him up I fear

Also, obviously the 1.7 m is a factor, paying now for years of bad board decisions

I never wanted Benitez and injuries etc have obviously made it more difficult for him. The issue is some lads on here defending every bit of criticism lobbed at Benitez (I know you said he's responsible now) even though we've only won 1 of our last 6 games.

But this mentality is why we've had 5 managers in 6 seasons yet numerous players playing under each one of them.

If Silva, Ancelotti & Benitez can not get Michael Keane to not be terrified of his own shadow - then is the blame on them or the common denominator?

Digne has been crap for 18 months and simply is a bang average defender - yet its the managers fault it he gives Villa 2 soft goals and Watford a soft FK that leads to their leveler.

Thats not to say the manager is never responsible - but the common denominator at this club is the players/DOF/Medical Team/Chairman yet they never carry the can its always the manager.

But this mentality is why we've had 5 managers in 6 seasons yet numerous players playing under each one of them.

If Silva, Ancelotti & Benitez can not get Michael Keane to not be terrified of his own shadow - then is the blame on them or the common denominator?

Digne has been crap for 18 months and simply is a bang average defender - yet its the managers fault it he gives Villa 2 soft goals and Watford a soft FK that leads to their leveler.

Thats not to say the manager is never responsible - but the common denominator at this club is the players/DOF/Medical Team/Chairman yet they never carry the can its always the manager.

Well when said manager picks Keane when Holgate was on the bench, yes surely the blame can go on Benitez as well???

But none of those were persistent and after just 9 games. Silva had near £200 million spent in 2 seasons and King Carlo had spent around £70 million in 18 months.

Its comparing apples and oranges yet you wont give the fella a chance.
I never wanted Silva before we got him. There are posts of me saying that (not that you would ever consider even checking before saying something). I certainly didnt want him after spending 200m. You said I never uttered a peep. I literally showed you from a 30sec search that you were wrong. That's all I was proving.

I didn't want this manager before we signed him, I still don't. Unless you can find the proof since the season has begun that I've said to sack him, I don't believe I've called for him to actually be sacked. Yes I've criticised, but I didn't want him in the first place, same as silva.

I wanted ancelotti, shown by my comment when koeman was still manager. But he wasn't infallible and he left us like a snake. But his only actual signing was allan for 20m and James for free. Doucoure and Godfrey were both brands. He also had a significant injury list which is what most of my issue with your argument is. You throw it out as an excuse for benitez yet blame carlo for results last season despite it.

I'm happy to say that he was culpable in that Watford game with the subs made

I think every game is different

By and large I don't think you can point the finger at him too many times this season

Sadly though this is the internet where there is zero balance and no middle ground

Either it's always his fault or it never is depending on what camp you sit in

Yeah we would have this no matter who was our manager mate, the difference with Benitez though is he was always going to be a toxic appointment before a ball was even kicked.

I never wanted Silva before we got him. There are posts of me saying that (not that you would ever consider even checking before saying something). I certainly didnt want him after spending 200m. You said I never uttered a peep. I literally showed you from a 30sec search that you were wrong. That's all I was proving.

I didn't want this manager before we signed him, I still don't. Unless you can find the proof since the season has begun that I've said to sack him, I don't believe I've called for him to actually be sacked. Yes I've criticised, but I didn't want him in the first place, same as silva.

I wanted ancelotti, shown by my comment when koeman was still manager. But he wasn't infallible and he left us like a snake. But his only actual signing was allan for 20m and James for free. Doucoure and Godfrey were both brands. He also had a significant injury list which is what most of my issue with your argument is. You throw it out as an excuse for benitez yet blame carlo for results last season despite it.

It doesn't matter if Doucoure and Godfrey were Brands' signings - fact is that money was spent while Ancelotti was manager and wasn't spent while Benitez is.

Levy is panicking to get Conte for fear a bigger club gets him (Man U). We need to steer clear of all this knee jerk reaction to a couple of defeats. Look at the bigger picture. Does Rafael have an adequate squad to do well in the PL? No, of course not, so shut the squawking until he has such a squad and fails. Until then give him a chance. Some won't of course but that is because they are thick.

Levy is panicking to get Conte for fear a bigger club gets him (Man U). We need to steer clear of all this knee jerk reaction to a couple of defeats. Look at the bigger picture. Does Rafael have an adequate squad to do well in the PL? No, of course not, so shut the squawking until he has such a squad and fails. Until then give him a chance. Some won't of course but that is because they are thick.
Same squad that finished 10th last season, so I'd argue its adequate. In fact, he brought in 5 of his own players and got rid of one he believes isn't any good. So arguably it' should be stronger in Benitez' view.

Not sure thats True. There is always a different/better way to improve things. The trick is finding the right person to do it

I never wanted Benitez and injuries etc have obviously made it more difficult for him. The issue is some lads on here defending every bit of criticism lobbed at Benitez (I know you said he's responsible now) even though we've only won 1 of our last 6 games.

I never wanted Benitez either.

But, we had a great start winning matches we should have won, he did grow on me.

It's clear to see, as you say, some defending all the criticism, just as some are critical of everything he does,

Honestly, I hope Benitez can find a way for a reasonable mid table ish finish, seriously think he is good for the club now. But, this is football, a few bad results and we all know what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.