Match Thread Wolves v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a manager who spent less than 2million, was doing very well with a very poor squad that then dropped off when their best defender, midfielder and both forwards got injured, these things need to be taken into consideration before drinking bleach
You forgot to mention sanctioning Rondon getting signed, and actually playing him, plus taking off Gordon last weekend and the greatest sin, bringing on Iwobi to manage the game out.

The goal of this game is not to lose as three defeats in a row starts the talk of crisis for the FSW. I could see a back 5 and Townsend playing deeper with us hoping for Gray and Richy to do them on a very fast break. Problem is we don't have any other pace in midfield like Doucoure to support those fast breaks. Unless Gbamin does a lazarus at the last minute. Gordon has the pace but does not have the defensive skills needed in this game. ambition and optimistic attacking football wont be on display tonight for Everton. 0-0 UTFT!

Pickford
Coleman, Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Digne
Townsend, Allan, Davies
Gray
Richarlison

For me we have to go 4-3-3 tonight to make up for the fact that Doucoure is out. Win the midfield battle. Gray is better on the wing than behind the striker too. Gbamin also has to play otherwise what’s the point of him, just release him. Praying Mina plays.

Pickford
Coleman Mina Godfrey Digne
Allan Gbamin Davies
Townsend Richie Gray

I think some of our fans have been living in a cave the last few years based on the over reaction to being 9th in the table.

Martinez's 1st season was the only good season we've had since the Moyes years - we've had little moments in between like the Europa League run in Martinez's 2nd season, Koemans 4-0 demolition of Man City and the 4-0 under Silva at Utd but largely all have been tripe and its down to the recruitment/players ultimately.

When you replace Lukaku with Sandro Ramirez, Gana with Gbamin/Delph and Stones with Ashley Williams you cant complain when you become a midtable outfit.
Except that those players have been replaced with Richarlison/DCL, Allan, Doucoure, Mina, Keane, Godfrey etc. the Lukaku money wasn't spent wisely at the time but those players you have listed will probably play 10 games cumulatively this season so they definitely aren't the reason we are average.

We'll win this....I reckon we tend to turn up more on evening matches than we do on 'annoyingly-early-KO's' at the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.