2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't though, and this is the issue.

We gave Benitez full control over recruitment. Full. And he demanded we get Rondon, who is on a very big wage.

Now, I don't disagree with you on Brands, or Moshiri. Brands should be gone, because he's useless now, because the manager is the one given control.

However, we shouldn't have given the manager so much control that he chased a fat retiree from China all summer.

Rondon wasn't even on a free at first, btw. Dalian wanted money. It was only because the player pushed for the move late on that we got a free deal.

No we didn't. He was given £2m to spend. He brought in Gray with that money and Townsend on a free, and Rondon.

If you're going to slate him for Rondon, you have to applaud him for Gray and Townsend. You choose not to and focus on Rondon because of agenda driven bollocks.

In reality, it's got nothing to do with Benitez that we have a situation where we are going into a summer with FFP peril and can barely spend a penny.

He wouldn't come back.

He was p***** when we went for Ancelotti after basically giving him the gig.

I don't want to go backwards, and never had. We did in hiring a manager who was good 15 years ago, but I still think he will be alright but there's going to be some really rough patches.

What we can't have is what our idiot fanbase - and we are idiots, real weirdos - always do, and get totally overhyped. We celebrated a bloody draw at Old Trafford like we'd won the league, it's pathetic.

So, when we get all hyped, then the crushing lows become much worse.
I agree why would he , he's been given the keys at Westham. Going backwards is never the answer totally agree. I also don't see a path out of this.

Totally agree a draw is a draw no matter who it's against its never a win. But its classic manipulation to lower expectations from the club.

It's been coming though.

We've defended poorly all season, unless Mina has been there to cover the cracks. We can't defend set-pieces and we can't string decent attacks together or control the ball for any amount of time.

godfrey appears to be a major culprit today. Could’ve done better on 3 occasion leading to 3 goals. The rest of the defence are not without blame too.

Lost the crowd now.

It’s only a matter of time before this turns toxic.

Bring Moyes home. He should have been hired when he was holding out for the job before signing on with West Ham.

FWIW I reckon Billy Kenwright wanted Moyes back but was over ruled by clueless Moshiri

You only sign footballers with the intention of them playing football. He obviously wanted him - he’d kept in touch with him after he left China.
Funnily enough there are decent free signings available - one scored a hat trick against us today.
You're right, Josh King would have solved all our problems. Bad Rafael for not signing him.

Lost the crowd now.

It’s only a matter of time before this turns toxic.

Bring Moyes home. He should have been hired when he was holding out for the job before signing on with West Ham.

FWIW I reckon Billy Kenwright wanted Moyes back but was over ruled by clueless Moshiri
From what I remember reading, Brands wanted Moyes as well.

It is his fault, but simultaneously it's not his fault we don't have a pot to piss in and his only financially viable option was a fat retiree from China on a free.

It's a gamble that spectacularly hasn't paid off and never should have been made, but a gamble nevertheless.

Today, and the shambles in recent years, is on Moshiri and Brands. Brands in particular should be out of a job blatantly.
I sort of get the gamble other than the fact that Benitez saw him in training every day and therefore knew how gash he was.

However what is inexcusable is that everyone can see that he is absolutely hopeless yet the kopite continues to select him and even worse doesn't sub him off when time after time he puts in disgraceful performances.

Genuinely you wonder if Rondons got the dirt on FSW.

Status
Not open for further replies.