2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say calling us dangerous was a bit far fetched. Don't get me wrong, the slug missed 2 great chances in the first 6 minutes then didn't move again until he was brought off.
We had at least 3 great chances around the time he went off, gray and Townsend both had decent chances they missed.

We lost because of mainly digne two mistakes in the end but once they scored, no striker meant no way of getting back up the pitch, however bad rondon might be.

If he didn't sign rondon then we have no striker to play at all. We tried that against villa, very quickly fell apart.

We had sod all money and rondon was the best we could get without offering a ridicuous contract that tied a terrible player to the club longer than we would have liked.
32 year old Rondon on £90k a week for 3 years.

Thats £14m right there fam

You may want to rethink your post

Exactly, I give it to them , watching fatty play is atrocity, and calls for playing kids is more of an obvious 'emotional 'shout, but wouldn't make much of difference. Baring this game, we were somehow chucking out results, and hence Rafael probably didn't want to gamble with kids , but today's game makes it obvious that rondon is pointless and so is iwobi, Rafael will probably throw in one of the kids now.

He kept Rondon on for 94 minutes. If he was using today as a showing to drop him for a kid we’d have seen him subbed off at some point. He will start the next game if Richy & DCL are out.

We had at least 3 great chances around the time he went off, gray and Townsend both had decent chances they missed.

We lost because of mainly digne two mistakes in the end but once they scored, no striker meant no way of getting back up the pitch, however bad rondon might be.

But he doesn't get us up the pitch. I don't get this no striker talk l, this fella ain't a striker, he's a fella who once might have been a striker but he's absolutely finished. I'm not making this stuff up, it's clear as day for all to see. He cant close down, he doesn't bully defenders, he can barely jump, he barely holds onto the ball and brings others into play and when he does he's that far behind play he's nowhere near getting on the end of the balls.

He's just had two weeks to get himself into proper shape and he looked even worse than he did against utd.

A shocking signing by a manager who obviously has a soft spot for him. If this fella is on more than a tenner an hour he's robbing a living as a footballer.

No way we are paying him 90k.

We spent the entire summer trying to cost cut wages , why on earth would we then give them all back out on a 32 year old?
Because Rondon would have been on huge wages at Dalian. He moved to China for the money so why would he take a massive pay cut to join us.

No way we are paying him 90k.

We spent the entire summer trying to cost cut wages , why on earth would we then give them all back out on a 32 year old?

Because we are Everton, we are an absolute shambles of a club, run by a gang of clowns, managed by someone whose best days are far far far behind them.

Of course it's plausible we'd sign a 32 year old on stupid wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.