2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's baffling to me is despite how woeful the last season transpired, set pieces were a very strong aspect of Everton's game, on both ends. So they're capable of being competent on that facet , but now we've suddenly regressed to Martinez/Silva levels of set piece dysfunction.

regardless of the personnel, getting outclassed by West Ham at home is not acceptable. We need to improve against Watford or I fear our great start will turn into a slog.

Thought Benitez did some good tweaks in the first half that meant we improved from being completely overrun to being probably the better side going into the half time whistle.

He just then seemed to do nothing further even when we were obliviously losing steam and not creating much. Appreciate that the bench was thin but still you’d have hoped for a bit more pro-active management.
Mina was the obvious sub. Its not always about the perceived attacking move. Godfrey couldn't win a header or even pass the ball forward. He should have been hooked for Mina well before the goal. It was inevitable we conceded from an aerial ball the way we were failing to attack the ball.

Hamstrung by injuries and half fit players coming back. Lost to a decent side with a very good manager. I still back Rafael and I still think he's made a good start. We'll win at Watford and we'll be in a decent position to kick on with dcl, mina and richy back

But sure Eddie Howe would have won us that game go get him in like I said im not arsed
IySPC.gif

Nah that was total rubbish today. We were at home and looked scared to come forward. He's doing no better than is expected from these fixtures. In fact I expect the wheels to come off quickly with these negative tactics and unfair/illogical team selections.
We had plenty of chances to score today, unfortunately it fell to our worst players (Iwobi and Rondon). We were garbage after the goal though. I keep saying it but put Dom and Richy in front of Townsend and Grays supply and we'll be sound.

Last time I checked we were 7th despite having an injury crisis.

Put DCL, Richarlison and Mina in our team today and Antonio, Behrama & Ogbonna out of their team do you REALLY think we still lose that game?

Fans need to wake up the tip 10 or so sides are very close in ability and small margins make a big difference and as usual we have too many injuries and no quality/depth on the bench to compensate.

Blame our fitness team / Brands not the bloke 50th manager in about 6 years who has had the same problems to deal with.

….when the Benitez luvvies put him on a pedestal and lavishly praise him for any piece of good news in the club, they have to accept and not deflect criticism when thing go bad.

Personally, I’d prefer to judge him over a season than at the end of every game, but the luvvies have set this tone.

What's baffling to me is despite how woeful the last season transpired, set pieces were a very strong aspect of Everton's game, on both ends. So they're capable of being competent on that facet , but now we've suddenly regressed to Martinez/Silva levels of set piece dysfunction.
Zonal marking basically.

We do miss Richarlison and DCL at set pieces too.

Hamstrung by injuries and half fit players coming back. Lost to a decent side with a very good manager. I still back Rafael and I still think he's made a good start. We'll win at Watford and we'll be in a decent position to kick on with dcl, mina and richy back
Missing DCL, Richarlison and Mina is a very big loss. They will make a massive difference when they come back.

The options on the bench were almost non existent. Mina was last gasp absolute emergency cover today. Gordon was the only realistic option.
Dobbin is one for tgd future and won’t be risked in games like that.
Davies or Gbamin anyone??

Everyone was crap today, the manager included. If we're giving him praise when we win then and/or play well he should also take his share of the blame when we lose and/or play badly.
Sorry mate, that's not allowed. Apparently, its not fair to criticise the manager for persisting with bad tactics and refusing to make changes to the personnel because we don't have ballon d'or winners on the bench. I guess there was nothing he could have done :(

Status
Not open for further replies.