Match Thread Everton v Norwich City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Benitez sees Davies as more of a 10 than a 6. Good performance winning without stepping out of first gear
The 6 Davies did ok at, in front of the back four, that was when we were sitting back and playing Allardyce style in the second half of the season.

Douc and Allan are getting upfield more aggressively this season*, I don’t think Davies’ 6 job exists under RB

Davies and Gomes were abysmal failures trying to plug in for those two at QPR. maybe those can fill in for one of Allan/Douc or be another body in a three

Last edited:

Goalscorers get MOTM all the time even if they're not that good in general play.

Thought Doucoure was a 6/10, Gray a 7/10. Pretty poor performance all round, with Mina the only other one I'd call "good" on the day.
Mina and Keane were sound, Pickford untroubled really but did his job.

Digne had one bad moment which people will harp on but was fine. Godfrey similar but obviously way less useful with the ball.

I thought Allan did his job more than Abdoulaye did because he's not really being asked to run and spring counters which Doucoure really refused to do. We aren't good enough in the center to turn down gaps to run into.

Gray MotM, Townsend was about what we're gonna get from him and a better striker might do something with the crosses he fires in. Iwobi was another 6/10 which is better than the 4/10s but I'd like more.

Rondon can't run.

That's my 90 second assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.