Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats happened to Gomes, I`ve never seen a player drop off so quickly in quality. You could put physicality down to the injury but the quality has all but evaporated

What happens when you have 7 injuries.

Imagine if Doucoure or Gray played and done their hammie in tonight it would be a disaster going into the next 2 league games.

It's why I said forget the cups this season we sinply dont have enough squad depth/quality to go all the way.

The likes of City and Utd can field a 2nd string good enough to finish top 7 ours would struggle getting out of the Championship.

No mate, there's four players on that bench that should be starting this game, especially after being mullered by Villa.

It's a shocking team selection, no excuses. That side would finish lower half Championship.

First real black mark against Benitez for me this. You play four of those subs in this game - I don't care if it is the useless League Cup, his whole tenure relies on momentum.

I dunno. It's just a black mark against our recruitment, once again. Allan had a niggle at the weekend and is on the bench. We'll run Doucoure into the ground. I'd have probably played Keane but other than that...

We just are really, really crap mate

We're 4 weeks into the season and this is what we've got and, frankly, it's a team that could very easily have to start league games this season.

The manager is not placing a priority on this competition. I'd guess the higher ups in the club are also not.
As if we have the luxury of not trying in cups having not won anything for 27 years. Every game should be set up to win. 7 of the players starting have started for us in the league this season as well, so it's not even like we have gone with a real second string.

Even if he got us to a final he'd have bought a lot more time and patience from fans.

As someone has already put, why managers bin this off when we're jsut a midtable team is daft.

Usually ends up with us drawing or losing the weekend game after anyway im sure.
I understand it as we have no squad. Imagine trotting this team out on Saturday if we get some injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.