2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time will tell but think the love in after 5 games is completely bizarre considering how last season fell off a cliff.
I agree. It's way too early. But what I think we will not see is a team that is easy to beat, and which has no backbone. In terms of results, we will not do much better than last year, but we will have a much stronger foundation to build on.

Time will tell but think the love in after 5 games is completely bizarre considering how last season fell off a cliff.

I agree, we shouldn’t get carried away, but there’s been encouraging signs in my opinion from the opening few games that shouldn’t just be written off because “we’ve only played [insert bottom half team that beat us last season]”. We actually look likely to score goals from open play which is something I’d forgotten we were allowed to do.

I agree, we shouldn’t get carried away, but there’s been encouraging signs in my opinion from the opening few games that shouldn’t just be written off because “we’ve only played [insert bottom half team that beat us last season]”. We actually look likely to score goals from open play which is something I’d forgotten we were allowed to do.
It’s actually weird seeing people with real pace in a blue shirt.

The difference this season may be that we carry a threat from a few places now.

Last season if you stopped Dom, you stopped Everton. We had no pace to stretch the pitch and get us up the field.

Gray, DCL, Richarlison and to an extent, now Doucoure and Townsend are all genuine attacking threats.

Doucoure is a man possessed at the moment.

It’s actually weird seeing people with real pace in a blue shirt.

Seeing the impact Gray has had just by being a player that can pick the ball up and actually carry it forward, should be a cautionary tale to people who’ve been crying about us bemoaning Sigurdsson’s place in the team for the past few years because “muh goals”. We’ve lost so much as an attacking unit because he can’t/won’t move around, we’d have been infinitely better off with someone of Gray’s profile instead.

He could have done something about that, like not take the job if it bothered him that much.

But even you should be able to see the difference between that, and having your house ACTUALLY invaded by armed thugs who steal your valuables and threaten your daughter? Carlos had no choice in the matter.
You think that having your house robbed is worse than having your life threatened ?

But again we saw all that in the first 2 months of last season regardless of oppo.

Status
Not open for further replies.