Match Thread Everton v Burnley - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle.

Tbh our 'five at the back' wasn't anywhere near as defensive as the connotation. We had two centre-backs (in addition to Lascelles) who were good footballers and one of whom loved to get forward (Schar scored twice in a game against Cardiff). We just needed better wing backs cos Ritchie and Yedlin, as it was at the time, were both limited.

Benitez knows how to set up against teams like Burnley.
How much do you guys love Benitez that you come on a forum during a match, no before a match, you are not even involved in?‍♂️

JFC I'm so done with this kind of talk. Might just start putting the mentality people on ignore.

The club captain has called out the terrible mentality at Everton himself on numerous occasions. So put him on 'ignore' then.

It's a fact the squad has, for years, consisted of varying degrees of mentally woeful footballers who cave under the slightest bit of expectation. It's not hard to find the current lot that do.

I think it shows that Benitez is safety first.
Looks like he will.be happy to take a point.
Suspect we will struggle to break them down
He’s shown in the early games that he can change it up though, if we can’t break through with pace, take a CB off and throw Rondon on and go direct

Just checked my post-match post from the last time we played Burnley at home:

"We absolutely ripped the living piss out of Burnley there, like. Immensely satisfying, thoroughly deserved. Magic. Schar, Lascelles, Rondon - back to front, all superb."

Twas one of our best performances of the season, I remember. That'll be why he's lined up the same way. There's only about three changes to the Burnley side tonight who played then.

This is where his stance with James is counter productive. A back 5 and no DCL, could have done with a bit of creativity on the pitch. This is gonna be a slug fest… Fingers crossed we beat them in the battle of the hoofs.

Status
Not open for further replies.