2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think TippBlue is referring to the fact that Grealish could have elected to play for Ireland as at least his grandparents are Irish. I’m not sure about his own parents but he did used to play Gaelic football as a kid. I don’t think that qualifies him as being poached though. He might embrace his Irish heritage but at a professional level with the standard of footballer he is unless he was born there it would be a big shock if he would have elected to play for Ireland
played for Ireland up to u21 level

Think it was clearly underlined there that the presence of James in front of him and unwilling to work caused him all sorts of problems on that day....something he wont experience with Townsend there.

Read forward and backwards mate, it was all 3 games at RB. Liability, fish out of water etc.

I would hope it's just precautionary
That's what im hoping too mate. Im Irish and wanted him on the bench for the game Saturday as they wont qualify . Team is full of young lads, think its time for Seamus to take s step back. Could be still around he squad but not starting games

I think TippBlue is referring to the fact that Grealish could have elected to play for Ireland as at least his grandparents are Irish. I’m not sure about his own parents but he did used to play Gaelic football as a kid. I don’t think that qualifies him as being poached though. He might embrace his Irish heritage but at a professional level with the standard of footballer he is unless he was born there it would be a big shock if he would have elected to play for Ireland
His dad was born in England - iirc its both sides of his grandparents are Irish.

Bamford is the same and we tried to get him to play under Martin O'Neill but he was pretty clear he only ever wanted to play for England.

His dad was born in England - iirc its both sides of his grandparents are Irish.

Bamford is the same and we tried to get him to play under Martin O'Neill but he was pretty clear he only ever wanted to play for England.
So it is with Harry Kane. Both parents from Ireland.

Ireland would a have a decent team if their sons would stop taking the King's shilling.

So it is with Harry Kane. both parents from Ireland.

Ireland would a have a decent team if their sons would stop taking the King's shilling.
No problem with kane he never played for Ireland under age the Rice and Grealish did.

Status
Not open for further replies.