Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well Rondon it is, not the worst window we've ever had so let's not knee jerk. Got rid of plenty of deadwood, failed to get rid of other's, Diaz would have been sweet but James is a problem for us, no other club wanted him and he obviously happy just collecting his 200k for another season, was hoping we could get Patterson over the line as I think he is going to be a smashing wee player.

We don't know what happens behind the scenes. So not n going to worry about it.

Sorry mate, I honestly don’t agree with any of your first paragraph, we will have to agree to differ. I respect your opinion, even if I don’t agree! ;)

I agree to a degree, it’s not that we haven’t had a plan, I think we’ve had to many plans and too many reboots, but I do think a good manger should, can harmonise and find balance with available players, I think it’s a management skill.

If I’m honest if Jamo was here in the morning, and I was Moshiri I’d be sitting down with the manager in the morning and saying, you have to get the best out of this quality player, that’s your job. I’d be doing other things as well, but I wouldn’t be having a 200k a week quality player doing nothing but tweeting for 12 months, when that quality could clearly contribute.

Agree to differ we’re missing all the Jarg tweets and Rondon news! lol
Youre missing his point: James is a fantastic player but he needs some specific players around him to work the most efficient. Maybe this was Ancelottis biggest mistake: gettinga player that brings a lot of additional questions from a squad that doesnt have any. Take the first couple of games: then the new manager impact worked well and ive rarely seen everton swing so nicely in attack. The minute they had to shift into defending it was all over. By game 6 or 7 the opposition had it figured out and it was done with teh hollywood attacks. Even when he came back from injury, Ancelotti tried but failed miserably. For us, bot Ancelotti and James is a step too far atm. Benitez is much more a realistic approach.

Happy to keep James, and maybe he proves a point here or there, but the previous poster nailed it imo.

Goodison won't be angry if we are getting results without him, and neither will I. There's a place for James surely but can't build the team around him. He won't like the new physicality of the league and he won't put in a much needed defensive shift in a counter attacking side. I'd like him against a low block team to try and pick them apart but then he's a very expensive now and again option.

It'll be angry if we start losing games without him being given a chance, sat there on a fat wedge, I imagine.

I hope neither of those things happen, btw.

So you wouldn't want to see James be an option to come on from the bench when Andros Iniest... sorry, Townsend, hasn't managed to crack Burnley's defence open?
Was talking about the start. James coming off the bench is exactly where he should be at the moment.

I think where I'm settling the more I think about this is the team is going to function best with one of Richarlison or James, not both.

Status
Not open for further replies.