2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fan based divided by a managerial appointment, no money to spend, players wanting to leave and a sobering drubbing in our final pre-season game. I feared we would find ourselves in the bottom 6 of the table looking over our shoulder this season. I have to take my hat off to the manager at this stage.

however, I have noted we could not have hand picked a better first fixture against an unprepared Saints and both Leeds and Brighton play and open style. I wonder how we will fair against the less ambitious sides who don’t come on to us
You will soon see mate. Burnley next isn't it ?

I don’t know what it is.. but he seems pragmatic and positive… and good combo.. don’t remember his previous clubs coming across in the same way.. I think experience of the ups and downs of football has molded him into a manager that actually fits the personality of our club and it’s fans.. someone we can respect.
He’s a manager that builds his style around the players he has. He would manage City differently than Everton and managed Newcastle differently than us.

He’s just a quality manager

I really enjoyed that game. I love watching us play this way. Committment, effort, discipline, heart.

I loved that in the last 10-15 minutes we looked far the more dangerous side. I had no fear that Brighton were going to worm their way back into it.

that was a good side we played today, in their park, and we sent their crowd to the exits early.

Love it.

Good performance again today, Benitez has certainly worked out how to get us playing against teams who will have the lions share of possession and want to control the game. I just wonder how we will perform against the likes of Burnley, who will want to play us the way we have played Leeds and Brighton. I’m not sure if we have the quality to break them down.

Anyway, Benitez, pleasantly surprised so far. Have to say though I still don’t like him, but, if he can keep us in or around the European places with this squad, I will have to admit that perhaps he is not washed up. Jury’s out, hope he proves me wrong.

He is doing good but Carlo did good at the start then he put the Icelandic slug back in the team because of injuries. Then we looked terrible. I hope to never see him in a Everton shirt again. Benitez not having him to select and him slowing down all are counter attacks could be a blessing in disguise an also adding a fast direct winger is working a treat. Long may it continue we all just want to see Everton win football matches. So let’s all get behind. The team and Benitez. I was a big fan of Carlo but he and his son obviously wasn’t doing what was required in training because the players this season look fitter than they ever have and you have to credit Benitez for that.

He reminds me of Moyes in many ways. Sets up properly at the back , everyone knows their role , effort and workrate is through the roof.
Excellent so far.
Definitely some similarities but what gives me huge hope is that he clearly drives the group. We have a talented bunch, many of whom would’ve been seen as potentially elite level stars at one point. The very best have the inner drive, discipline, professionalism whatever you want to call it. Our lot need a firm hand, need a bit of fear in them. Whether that lasts or not we’ll have to wait and see but it looks like a good fit

Status
Not open for further replies.