Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is indeed the problem - signing players from farmer leagues, which is most of continental Europe these days. More chance of signing an Afonso Alves than a Robert Lewandowski.

With Maupay, you know what you're getting. With Kean, we didn't - we know now though sadly.

But the saddening thing with the Maupay link isn't that he's crap exactly; it's that he's clearly limited and it's an indication of the state of the club at present. I maintain no other club in the top ten would be entertaining that amount of money for him.
6 goals in 11 games in his first season

A strike rate Neil Maupay dreams about

I take it Man City are definitely adhering to these ‘profit and sustainability’ rules that have never been used? Just adding a mere 500k a week to their wage bill.

Where is this Maupay talk coming from? Accepted wisdom is that Brighton would have been top half last season if they could finish their chances

Sort of nonsense fans were saying about Martinez with Wigan but more with the defence mate

"Argh m8 im appy with Bobby me lad eee would av finished top 6 and not gut relegated ad he ad sum propa defenders im telling ya kidda nSnO"

Where is this Maupay talk coming from? Accepted wisdom is that Brighton would have been top half last season if they could finish their chances

Sky Sports, so odds are there's no credibility to it.

A few have said that now about a consensus? Can't finish etc.

When I looked earlier on his conversion rate is better than anyone we have. Apparently he's missed 10 'Big Chances' for Brighton. In the same timeframe, Calvert-Lewin missed 17.

Whatever the hell a 'Big Chance' is according to the Premier League :oops:

So not sure, me.

From whenever I've seen him I've thought he's a decent player.

Status
Not open for further replies.