2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
“won our first 7” sounds great when you say it like that rather than go into detail and specify that three of them were against Salford, Fleetwood and West Ham’s B team in the League Cup.
That was always going to be the back up plan if we started off decent. Bring up the fact Ancelotti finished midtable with a great start so that's somehow a stick to beat Benitez with.

I have arguments with kopites that aren't this hard-core about taking away from our achievements.

Just happy to see the backtracking after 'WE'RE GETTING RELEGATED' after losing a friendly.

That was always going to be the back up plan if we started off decent. Bring up the fact Ancelotti finished midtable with a great start so that's somehow a stick to beat Benitez with.

I have arguments with kopites that aren't this hard-core about taking away from our achievements.

Just happy to see the backtracking after 'WE'RE GETTING RELEGATED' after losing a friendly.
Ahh the friendly game with half a team missing, but we should still win at Old Trafford. it’s good to remind people that-

1. pre season friendlies mean nothing.
2. DCL and Richarlison are really important to us.
3. our squad depth is still relatively weak (lose DCL or Richarlison and we’re in trouble)
4.pre season friendliest mean nothing.
5. Some players take a few games to get back upto speed, they are not finished - Allan.
6. It takes some time for a new manager to impose his ideas and style of play.
7. pre season friendliest mean nothing.
8. players coming back to training late because of international tournaments will be rusty (Pickford) and need time.
9. oh and have I mentioned that pre season friendliest mean nothing?

No mate, I want the club to succeed and him to fired from a massive cannon back over to Caldy
Ha ha fair enough .it doesn’t sit right with a lot of us but we just need this trophy monkey off are back .we’ve been lucky to see us the best we want that for are young blues and if Benitez can start that roll let’s go with it if he can’t ya put him in that big arse cannon

Carlo ended up a big disappointment but last season was not a yardstick, given most of them were behind closed doors. If you take the Southampton game, we lose that last season. Maybe Benitez was the difference this season, or maybe a packed out Goodison was once it got going. The fans certainly wouldn't have put up with those performances last season.

By the same token Leeds was a ground we won at last season, this season they had a full crowd behind them to help get them a second equaliser.

We were also very lucky at times last season. That shot at the end last season would have deflected in.

You can’t judge someone based on two games, but what I’ve seen so far has been pretty good.

Knew what we needed and got Gray in, who’s been more than a handful, and Townsend who doesn’t stop trying, despite being limited.

Went to Leeds away and we’d probably have won, had it not been for Keane making a mistake again.

In the Southampton Game, he saw where we needed to make fixes, we did and subsequently won.

It’s not an eye sore to watch and I’m sure we’ll be fine this year, a couple of signings and you never know.

Losing 2 points away to Leeds in 2021 is not a good thing and far from satisfying for me.
Have you seen our record there in the league over the last 70 years ? I went twice with one of the best teams I ever seen play for Everton in the league- Nil points .....those days we took 10 ,o000 fans as away support too......

Their home crowd got to the referees - even that nailed on pen yesterday went to VAR ......if you score twice awaynyou should win defend like Keane you will lose points ......

I think you'll find he's 100% for Benitez and no one else.
But if that benefits us..."OK that's football " as someone once said.
That attitude is great when everything is going well but as soon as things start to go wrong Benny starts the blame game.
I sincerely hope that Benny throwing people under the bus is many years down the line because that will mean Everton have done well but Mark my words , it will happen .
Well he's getting f.a. from this board right now and he seems happy enough.

He'll complain as all managers do. Brands is not doing his job and wont survive Benitez's time here.
Absolutely no doubt that Brands / the board / FFP are doing Benitez no favours.
Quite how we've gone into yet another season without a new RB and RW is beyond me.

Have you seen our record there in the league over the last 70 years ? I went twice with one of the best teams I ever seen play for Everton in the league- Nil points .....those days we took 10 ,o000 fans as away support too......

Their home crowd got to the referees - even that nailed on pen yesterday went to VAR ......if you score twice awaynyou should win defend like Keane you will lose points ......

Historically poor but we had won 2 of our last 3 there.

Status
Not open for further replies.