How do you rate this Summer's transfer business?

How do you rate this Summer's transfer business?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the evidence thus far, I think a 2 is all I can give.

Better to reserve judgement until the transfer window has actually closed.

But as ever, the true measure of a window’s success, or othewise, can never be truly judged until a few months down the line.

A transfer windiw can only be judged retrospectively.
All true but for me a RB should have been lined up and signed on day 1 of the window.

An appallingly run football club.

The fact that Brands wasn't sacked before his contract expired but rather rewarded with another one underlines just how much the wheels have fallen off this club.

Make no mistake, Everton are in crisis at officer and ownership level. People are jumping ship and its being sold as a reshuffle. Transfers are just part of the mess.

Who are these people, Dave?

It hasn't been bad, plenty of deadwood shifted, and a bit of pace added which was evident last Saturday.
Not much spent, potentially with the idea of making a profit this year with 2 seasons of the FFP being rolled into 1 period due to covid..
I'd like to see a bit more depth a loan or 2 might do nicely.

Average so far.
Still haven't addressed a few glaring areas, some good low key business for the squad and moved a few. The key will be the next few weeks now who can we get out and who can we bring in.

So far we have have signed 3 players who will all play a part and off loaded a few more . We need to offload somebody on big money and preferably for a decent fee and spend wisely on guaranteed starter or hopefully starters . It’s a little frustrating for us all but i am confident there will be some more positive activity before the end off the window . Hames and kean should both be gone in some shape or form and possibly might see a centre back sold .. so far 6/10 but hope that will be closer to 9/10 come the end off the window .

I rated it a 3. I understand the profit and loss thing and I don't have anything against the guys we have brought in.

But at the start of the window I was hoping for 5 signings, GK, RB, RW, CF, CM. I was kind of presuming we would sell Kean, Gomes and Delph. If we end another window without a RB coming in, then it's madness. We are probably looking at loans now with 2 weeks left of the window, unless we can sell someone. If we keep Kean at the club then that covers the CF position, but RB and a CM that can cover for Doucoure are still important. Kenny is not good enough and when Doucoure is out the side we have no one who does what he does

With Benitez taking over having already completed a detailed audit of the Everton squad using his own bespoke personal database of players and clips going back 20 years.
How do you rate the comings and goings this transfer window?

Everton

In

Andros Townsend - Crystal Palace, free

Asmir Begovic - Bournemouth, free

Demarai Gray - Bayer Leverkusen, £1.6m

Out

Theo Walcott - Southampton, free

Callum Connolly - Blackpool, free

Josh Bowler - Everton to Blackpool, free

Joshua King - contract expired

Yannick Bolasie - contract expired

Muhamed Besic - contract expired

Robin Olsen - end of loan

Dennis Adeniran - contract expired

Matthew Pennington - contract expired

Con Ouzounidis - contract expired

Bobby Carroll - contract expired

Bernard - Sharjah FC, undisclosed

Lewis Gibson - Sheffield Wednesday, loan

Nathan Broadhead - Sunderland, loan

Personally I think we should have prioritised a Right Back, but what do I know about football.
Based on so far, I’ve got mixed feelings. Underwhelmed that we’ve not spent significant money on a marquee signing but satisfied that a few members of the deadwood have been moved on.
I also appreciate that what we’ve brought in represents great value which is a turnaround for us and getting those two wingers in who are capable of whipping those crosses into the box will hopefully prove to be a masterstroke.

So we paid £55 million for Walcott, Bolasie and Besic. Not a sinlge penny back.

Sounds like our record signing will be written off?

On the plus side I think Townsend and Gray will prove very good value.

It dosen't look great for Brands so far as we've not sold a single player and we've only brought in a Benitez ex player.

An appallingly run football club.

The fact that Brands wasn't sacked before his contract expired but rather rewarded with another one underlines just how much the wheels have fallen off this club.

Make no mistake, Everton are in crisis at officer and ownership level. People are jumping ship and its being sold as a reshuffle. Transfers are just part of the mess.
Dreadful split infinitive Dave have you tried Grammarly ? it will make Grammatic sense of your post even if you're failing to make and semantic sense.

I recognise the financial situation and with that background, it seems that we have failed in moving players on to make space.

The players we have brought in are fine for the price and add experience to areas we were lacking.

The fact that we haven’t sorted a right back is problematic and tgd window will be a failure if it ends without one.

what happens with James and Kean will define the window. If we can’t sell Kean, we can’t sell anybody. I expect James to go for a nominal fee.

With Benitez taking over having already completed a detailed audit of the Everton squad using his own bespoke personal database of players and clips going back 20 years.
How do you rate the comings and goings this transfer window?

Everton

In

Andros Townsend - Crystal Palace, free

Asmir Begovic - Bournemouth, free

Demarai Gray - Bayer Leverkusen, £1.6m

Out

Theo Walcott - Southampton, free

Callum Connolly - Blackpool, free

Josh Bowler - Everton to Blackpool, free

Joshua King - contract expired

Yannick Bolasie - contract expired

Muhamed Besic - contract expired

Robin Olsen - end of loan

Dennis Adeniran - contract expired

Matthew Pennington - contract expired

Con Ouzounidis - contract expired

Bobby Carroll - contract expired

Bernard - Sharjah FC, undisclosed

Lewis Gibson - Sheffield Wednesday, loan

Nathan Broadhead - Sunderland, loan

Personally I think we should have prioritised a Right Back, but what do I know about football.

Look at how many outs....and there's still more to go

Status
Not open for further replies.